• Review My Singing Membership

Hi, so I've been "playing" with my voice doing vocal fry and sirens, and right now i came across this resonance which i believe to be mix voice? Im pretty excited because i can reach higher notes relatively easy. Although without good support and vowel modification the notes just distort in my throat. the way this (mix voice?) feel its pretty much as it is usually described. i can place the note higher in my head or lower towards my chest. Its almost like breaking into falsetto but just hanging to chest resonance

anyway I'll leave an mp3 so if anyone can give me some input it will be greatly appreciated!:)

PD: i know there are some tuning issues hehe, but still id like to know if im on the right track! 

Thank you!!!

• TMV World Member

Technically your entire vocal range is a mix of resonances at all times. This is what confuses people about the term "mix voice". Most people refer to it as just that area between their speaking vocal range and head resonance. And there lies the issue. Segmenting the voice into parts is what gets 99% of singers into trouble. They create false areas of transition, false registers, false modes. The voice is a constant mix of three resonances - throat, mouth and sinus. The lower you sing, the more throat resonance is heard, the "higher" you sing, the more sinus resonance is heard in the sound.

Mixing is a way to blend your voice seamlessly between these three main resonance shifts. I heard some chest pulling on a few notes here and there, but when you did the improvised "ow" you're closer to a better upper mix sound than when you're singing the song.

You're in the ballpark through of mixing/blending your resonance in the right proportions to get the result you want.

Kevin Richards
Founder - RPM Vocal Studios
http://www.rpmvocalstudio.com
[twitter]rockthestagenyc[/twitter]

• 2 weeks later...