Love Yourself By Justin Bieber Cover sung by Ellise

• TMV World Legacy Member

Yes, it would be nice, wouldn't it?

I am used to hearing Justin's soft and raspy voice singing this. And I like the guy. He is funny, fun-spirited and he is pretty good on the drums, too. He has such a tongue-in-cheek delivery and so his version, the original, sounds more sarcastic. Whereas your version is more plaintive and heart-broken. And I like your version. You have such a bright voice. I wonder if there is a way to make the recording "warmer," which means some of the high partials are rolled off. Do you have someone mixing your recordings?

• Administrator

Your adorable... love your videos.

Nice work Ellise... your voice is gorgeous.

But it is under driven... at the level of experience and strength you are getting to Ellise, we should be hearing a bit more depth to your sound color... more "boom"... that includes, some darker amplified harmonics... your formant Ellise, could be a touch darker... bear in mind, Im splitting hairs with you here. 

Your interpretation and "mojo" is good... you do a nice job expressing yourself in your songs, you always have.

There is a sense of... rushing the mojo how ever at times... I wish your coach would work on you with dynamics and... speed it up, slow it down, etc... its a bit, "crashing" through... for YOU Ellise, I set the standards higher. For a lot of people , I wouldn't bother picking on you about this, but you are really good and such great potential... Im going to push you. This is too clunky , its like doing a dance too fast and losing the elegance... this needs more sensitivity.

I wish you would train with me over skype and let me have a crack at you... get the bed tracks to these songs and sing them in front of me... I will help you to make the better and bring them up to your full potential Ellise. Email me privately if your interested, Ill give you a special TMV World deal since you are a long standing, dedicated member here.

I adore you, I think your awesome... keep going Ellise we are all pulling for you.. and get in front of me if you can on Skype.

8 hours ago, ellise k said:

Yes I am going to be in a studio in the next few weeks so that I can get more of my songs including another two originals recorded more professionally. 

So, if you are recording professionally and we have seen you performing in front of audiences, is it safe to assume that you are a pro? Getting paid for singing?

13 hours ago, ellise k said:

Not quite yet. Though I have a management company that are going to book me into restaurants.  

Then, keep going and never quit. My tag is "winners never quit." Winners may fail many times and, on average, fail more often than non-winners. The difference being that winners win, eventually, because they did not quit when things were difficult or slow to materialize.

That was Awesome. I am sorry I did not listen to it earlier. I am not a Bieber fan but I did not realise it was you. I am a fan of yours.

Keep up the good work and Take Robert up on his offer. You have great potential and just a bit of Maturity to the voice will take you from Awesome on Youtube to Awesome on the charts.

Do you write any songs of your own? How about a friend who writes?

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

This is great! I think the arrangement doesn't QUITE match the tone of the song, but it's really easy to listen to. It's more of a personal feeling than a technical problem because you're on point throughout.

"If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe!"