Warriors of the world(Manowar) - Distortion question

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi Folks, 
It has been a while since my last post.  This time I wanted to do something that is quite different from my last song(s).  I have always wanted to do distortion at lower ranges.  I just could not find the right support mechanism and way to do this without hurting myself.  I have understood how to do this safely without injuring myself.  

Sometimes when I am not yet sufficiently warmed up I get a itchy feeling when I try to distort.  If I am careful, it goes away after a while.  I am assuming that I am not doing anything wrong because I can sing like this for more than an hour and I don't feel any effects later in the day or the next day.  

All in all, quite a fun song to sing with an epic sounding F#5 to finish it.  I wish I could get some grit on this note, but for the time being happy with where I am!  

I think it all sounded good. Great tone and I don't think you need a lot of grit in the high note. But it did seem to me like the video was not quite synchronized.

On March 16, 2016 at 5:55 PM, aravindmadis said:

Hi Folks, 
It has been a while since my last post.  This time I wanted to do something that is quite different from my last song(s).  I have always wanted to do distortion at lower ranges.  I just could not find the right support mechanism and way to do this without hurting myself.  I have understood how to do this safely without injuring myself.  

Sometimes when I am not yet sufficiently warmed up I get a itchy feeling when I try to distort.  If I am careful, it goes away after a while.  I am assuming that I am not doing anything wrong because I can sing like this for more than an hour and I don't feel any effects later in the day or the next day.  

All in all, quite a fun song to sing with an epic sounding F#5 to finish it.  I wish I could get some grit on this note, but for the time being happy with where I am!  

Holly Cheese Aravind!!! I am speechless my friend! Your voice sounded so professional, that I could swear you were all this time pretending to be a vocal student, and you actually wrote this song! But the video needs to be synced with audio. Other than that, A.W.E.S.O.M.E. timbre!:bang:

Hey Aravindmadis!

Sounds really cool man! Production is awsome, you've really found the timbre for the song and it seems like you can do it for a long time :) The only thing I would work on is making sure the pitch becomes correct even with that kind of timbre. Right now you are attacking the chorus a little flat but I think it's just a matter of attention to detail.

Great work man, keep the covers coming! :D

Thanks folks..

Gneetapp, still and always will be a vocal student.. Long long way to go!! 

Mivke, I am aware of the slight pitchy issue.  I could not get the exact pitch without the timbre like you have pointed out.  But in this genre, I felt a little bit of flat sound can help, if it can maintain the integrity of the tonal quality!!