Whitesnakes - Sailing Ships by Elvis

Rate this topic

Hi guys!

Lately im not active on forums as i have alot going on. I dont really practice singing and my "range extending" is put on hold...but i cant just stop singing all together..

So i did a small cover of a Whitesnakes song..

Hope you guys like it...ther are some errors but im fine with them.

I wanna know how you like my timbre..and does the distrotion at places sound good :)

https://app.box.com/s/77ef7kc6tw0pc6d02p5qm371y5xgs93k

cheers

Hey man!

I really liked it! This felt like a performance rather than a technical study. I'm sure the guys here better on technique than me can help you pinpoint stuff where you still could improve but as far as the feel for the song, you got it.

Keep the covers coming! :D

:41::41::41:

Hi Elvis, great job man! I really liked it! I am sorry but your performance was so heartfelt that I could not hear those mistakes you mentioned...

I liked the timbre and distortion, although IMO you could have used it a bit less. I had the feeling that you started almost every sentence with the distortion on the low notes to make them beefier. But You could also start a few lines with the fry/creaking (one of DC's trademarks)... BTW, I really liked the way you connected your vibrato to fry when ending one of the lines. Please, keep'em coming! :beerbang:

Sounded great Elvis! Your tone is similair to Coverdale's. I couldn't hear any major faults and you did it justice. Too bad you don't have much time to post your singing because i really like your voice.

Ty guys. Really appreciated. I could have done a better job but i did it in full take and didnt bother to edit bad parts.

Gonna do a dream on full cover  soon when i get time

some of the notes could be held a little bit beter and some parts needed to lighten up so the sound can really come out, perhaps add more nasality or use some weird vowel mods that feel unnatural but better suit the pitch being sung. 

Tasty man. This is a great song and the interpretation the old man does here... Its just awesome!

I really liked it all, sounds solid and some of his details you captured on the phrasing like on "all its said and done" sounded really nice.

The distortions, specially on the ending "Sailing ships will pass you!", sound nice too (and powerful!).

Great work and keep it up :)

Sweet, pretty good. 

Some of the easier, more quiet spots and the very end of some phrases are underdeveloped. Dont forget to support properly in those moments and give every syllable the love it needs. Other than that almost a perfect score.