Someday - Mariah Carey

Rate this topic

For a few months now I've been trying to get accustomed to vocalizing and controlling pitch in whistle register, and at this point I can say, although the amount of time I can access it in a day seems limited, it's requiring less mental effort and becoming more intuitive to use this part of my voice. Using it in songs is another story, but for the songs I've worked on with them included, the whistle sections are among the first things I record since I find towards the end of a session it becomes impossible to utilize. By working with these songs with whistle phrases it's a way of challenging myself stamina-wise and forces me to try to recognize when to rest. The goal ultimately is to be able to have the freedom to use it whenever though, I guess as it develops.

The whistle in this song is part of a longer phrase and towards the very end, contains a trill/run sort of ending and is part of a transition from chest to whistle on the same note two octaves apart which probably made it easier. Did all of the background vocals on this also. Any and all feedback welcome.

https://app.box.com/s/gyy466kqtc0g4gruinhex8k0favyih11

That whistle at the end is impressive, Javastorm. Well, your whole rendition of the song! Singing Mariah Carey...wow. :) 

You've worked this song really thoroughly and it shows in the result. Bravo! :41: