Iron Maiden cover - please critique

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hello, there, long time no seeing!

Please critique this video. Constructive critics are always welcome. Don't mind the craziness in those videos, hehe, i am more interested in how you find my voice. Pitch, tone etc.

Speed of Light by Iron Maiden

Sounds great.  I am always envious of dark sounding voices especially high ones.  From the video, it looks like you have a pretty decent technique.. All I can say is keep up the good work and keep posting more.. 

Awesome, as usual, Olem. Are all people in Brasil that happy or is it just you? The maniacal grin works for you. Now, this is a change. You traded in the bandanna for a golfer's cap. Are you starting to hide some gray? Don't be ashamed. Be proud, still singing like the young head-banger you are, despite the mileage of the years. Truly, for you, they are not wasted years.

Hehe, Ron, thanx for your kind words and for listening. Oh, no, you got me there (trying to hide some gray hair) :DI am not brazilian i am swedish but i have a brazilian girlfriend, though, and i speak portuguese so i guess i am a little brazilian ;)

Also a big thanx for you Aravindmadis! I must admit that it is playback in my video, i sing for real but i put another singing version into my video, so i guess i am cheating a little :blush:

Most any video with a good quality soundtrack is lip-synched. it is the nature of the beast. And at least you have some brasilian heart and that's what counts.

• Administrator

OLEM

Cool contribution... 

- like the laugh at the beginning.

-  I don't understand this video... are you playing "Rock Band" game? I'm assuming you are lip synching to your own recording of this?  Like the guys said, it sounds cool / good.

- The question I want to ask is why are you choosing to use a silly visual? The vocals are pretty decent or good... why not synch to a visual that is a bit more serious looking?

12 hours ago, Robert Lunte said:

OLEM

Cool contribution... 

- like the laugh at the beginning.

-  I don't understand this video... are you playing "Rock Band" game? I'm assuming you are lip synching to your own recording of this?  Like the guys said, it sounds cool / good.

- The question I want to ask is why are you choosing to use a silly visual? The vocals are pretty decent or good... why not synch to a visual that is a bit more serious looking?

Hello, Robert, thanx for listening! Hehe, there is nothing to understand i guess and it is silly as you said. It is just me singing and fooling around abit. But forget about that, the singing is the important part. 

I actually sing in the video but put in another edited singing file.