New song i'm working on Goodbye Afternoon

• TMV World Member

There is a lot of unheared sang shit you can hear on the radio that is complete trash

But I actully like this song as it reminds me of something from radiohead, the verb and keen

I get the impresion that there are a lot of as good as amature semi pros out there that are as good as the premiership top of the pops singers that you will never hear of because of marketing bullshit

• TMV World Legacy Member
44 minutes ago, Jarom said:

I just got back from the studio. I am currently recording an ep and this is a bit of a song I'm working on. Right now it has a scratch vocal, drums, piano, bass, and some pads. 

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1QnIhYX2w5p

(I know this should be in review my singing. But it won't let me post there for some reason. I am up to date on my payment as it doesn't end until July. )

I am having trouble posting there also. The problem is being worked on.

I like your tone and the song but I have to mention that I cannot understand the words. It may not matter in this day and age. Some of the words to Nickelback I would rather not know.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

8 hours ago, Jarom said:

I just got back from the studio. I am currently recording an ep and this is a bit of a song I'm working on.

Guess who just got back today? Them wild eyed boys who've been away, Haven't changed, had much to say. But, man, I still think them cats are great.

They were asking if you were around. How you was, where you could be found. Told them you were living downtown, driving all the old men crazy!

I liked the melody, some of the hi hat/snare interplay on the drum, and the piano hook next to the chorus. I like your vocals have a kind of quirky crying/yelping quality to them. Kind of reminds me of a cross between David Byrne and Matt Bellamy.

The highest portion broke immersion just a tiny bit on first listen. I liked it more on second listen so it might be an ear catching thing which could be good or bad.

The diction is a bit unclear, but I can understand most of it. I think it's overall good.

• Review My Singing Membership
3 hours ago, KillerKu said:

I liked the melody, some of the hi hat/snare interplay on the drum, and the piano hook next to the chorus. I like your vocals have a kind of quirky crying/yelping quality to them. Kind of reminds me of a cross between David Byrne and Matt Bellamy.

The highest portion broke immersion just a tiny bit on first listen. I liked it more on second listen so it might be an ear catching thing which could be good or bad.

The diction is a bit unclear, but I can understand most of it. I think it's overall good.

Yea, I like my last song "can you feel it" better but I seem to be liking this one more and more the more I hear it. It is definitely one of those songs that needs to grow on you. Maybe it will be different once it's finished. 

By the way, Jarom, great song. Are you recording or MIDI programming the instruments or do you have some guys with instruments. Those drums are tight.

• Review My Singing Membership
2 hours ago, ronws said:

By the way, Jarom, great song. Are you recording or MIDI programming the instruments or do you have some guys with instruments. Those drums are tight.

Its a mix of both. My producer is a drummer so i had him play the drums (electric drums) i just kinda told him what i wanted and he played it. I played the piano and the bass was done with an electric.