Bruce Dickinson Man of Sorrows

• TMV World Legacy Member
13 hours ago, Simon Öhlund said:

Hello

Tough song to sing for a baritone. Tell me what you think?

I know it does'nt sound 100 % perfect

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1OjoI9u9sTi

Hi Simon, I am sorry man, but I had such a hard time trying to listen to you. The overall volume is really low. Could you please try to improve it? Thanks

If there is a way you can do it....... you need to turn your vocal WAY up and turn that Guitar WAY down. Your voice MAY have sounded OK but it was so far back in the mix except for one or two places where you actually had good volume you could not here it plain.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

• Review My Singing Membership
1 hour ago, MDEW said:

If there is a way you can do it....... you need to turn your vocal WAY up and turn that Guitar WAY down. Your voice MAY have sounded OK but it was so far back in the mix except for one or two places where you actually had good volume you could not here it plain.

Ok i turned the vocals up. i had some problems with holding the last note. But im no pro singer.

man of sorrows 2.mp3

WP_20151106_001.jpg

The idea is to get the vocals louder than the music. Is  everything recorded on one track?  If so what ever you do to vocals will happen with the music and we still will not hear your voice.

When you record you need to have your voice louder than the music. At least for any of us to hear where you may be having problems.

1 hour ago, MDEW said:

The idea is to get the vocals louder than the music. Is  everything recorded on one track?  If so what ever you do to vocals will happen with the music and we still will not hear your voice.

When you record you need to have your voice louder than the music. At least for any of us to hear where you may be having problems.

Ok but i turned the vocals all the way up. I recorded it on Reaper. Did the vocals sound good?

WP_20151106_001.jpg

I think the problem is you are singing against a full track with the original vocals in place. Can you find a karaoke track without the vocals?

I still had to turn the volume ALL THE WAY UP just to hear that. I am not sure what is going on.  You  seem to be in pitch but it.also sounds like you are squeezing the heck out of your vocal folds.

I do not know much about this style of singing, so someone else will have to give it a listen. Still this vocal track is way low on volume.

The volume level was much better on that. I still wish someone else would join this conversation. I do not know enough about this style of singing. You had good pitch and I think a nice tone. I still think you are squeezing entirely too much to get the tone. You are cutting off the sound.

If you make a new thread with this karaoke track and put Judas Priest in the title I can almost guarantee others will post to that.

4 hours ago, ronws said:

Diamonds and Rust was pretty cool though I have never heard it interpreted quite that way. But good effort.

Yeah its an acoustic version i think Tim Ripper Owens also sang it.

WP_20151106_001.jpg