Children Of The Damned

• Review My Singing Membership

Hello

I been practicing this song for some time now. Still tough to pull off but i tried my best. My band is gonna perform this song live on friday. What do you think?

What is good and what is bad? I recorded vocals over a karaoke track.

WP_20151106_001.jpg

• Administrator

Simon,

Great song to cover and practice for singing. I have been singing this song since I was 15 years old... its good to see your working on it. There is a lot to learn from it.

Your Review:

- ... ???  I can't hear it???  Can you turn up the levels?

- But what I can hear, I have to be honest, it needs a lot of work... Your not finding the resonance and your not narrowing the formants/vocal tract... your choking, pushing, etc... as I think you realize.  You need help all over this Simon...

... Take a lesson with me and let me coach you on this!!  

Learning how to find the resonance, vowels, narrowing, etc.. on this song, will not only help you with this song, but with every other song. Learning from one song, makes all future songs easier to understand and sing. It is a worthy investment. You are not going to get this, if you don't get in front of a good coach that can show you what you need to do... 

Also, anyone that purchases The Four Pillars of Singing training program right now, also gets 1 free lesson with me... so, you can't loose. Stop struggling, and do this the right way. Learn what you need to learn... stop stabbing in the dark.

Thanks for your help Felipe...

• TMV World Legacy Member

So muffled and low in volume, I wonder if you are singing through a pillow. Except for the loudest and highest notes, many of which are off-pitch. You may want to work on that song some more and try it for a show at a later date. I think you can do the song, it's just going to take some more work.

1 hour ago, Felipe Carvalho said:

I took a listen. Again volume problems. Again basic issues with melody/timing.

Again I ask: did you get the program? Are you following it and studying daily?

Yes i dont really care if it sounds good because im gonna perform it live on friday. I just enjoy being on stage. Im not out to be a perfect singer. I know i sound good so.

WP_20151106_001.jpg

1 hour ago, Simon Öhlund said:

Yes i dont really care if it sounds good because im gonna perform it live on friday. I just enjoy being on stage. Im not out to be a perfect singer. I know i sound good so.

Hi Simon, you seem to really enjoy performing man, that is a good thing because it can be used to fuel you while you are training/practicing to be the best you can be. I really just don't get why posting a song in the review section and ask what people think is good or bad if you don't care. Unless you were expecting only praises and got some constructive criticism instead, and couldn't handle it. If this is the case, perhaps you should try to change this mindset and preconceptions about how your vocals sound, because it will hinder your progress as a vocalist. Good performance Friday! Cheers

Well i made another one. This one is more my style distortion and more thrash metal sounding like Slayer or Pantera.

I think i will go for this kind of sound on friday.

And no it does'nt hurt my voice i have been doing that kind of vocals for years.

WP_20151106_001.jpg

Have you even listened to any of these examples? The voice needs to be at least as loud as the guitars. It may sound freakin awesome but NO ONE will hear it like that.

"You need a strong foundation to reach the heights."

6 minutes ago, MDEW said:

Have you even listened to any of these examples? The voice needs to be at least as loud as the guitars. It may sound freakin awesome but NO ONE will hear it like that.

It was just an example i sang over a karaoke song. What do you mean by no one?

WP_20151106_001.jpg

If you cannot hear the voice what difference does it make whether it is good or not? The guitar player will get the praise not the singer.

33 minutes ago, MDEW said:

If you cannot hear the voice what difference does it make whether it is good or not? The guitar player will get the praise not the singer.

I can hear the vocals just fine

WP_20151106_001.jpg

I am not trying to be a jerk. I am trying to help. The vocals need to be heard clear and on top of the guitars.

The vocals are totally buried by the music.   The first and best tip that I can give you is to listen back to your recordings. At least get the vocals loud enough that you can truely hear how you sound.

Here is an attempt to bring what you were doing forward so we could actually hear it, compressed the living hell out of it, multiband included to equalize the voice timbre.

https://app.box.com/files/0/f/0/1/f_70162063853

Its all squeezed budy, naive copy of a few maneirisms both from Bruce and Phil, you will end up hurting yourself if you continue this way. But it's the last reply, if you don't care, I am not worried either, its not my voice after all. Good luck.

26 minutes ago, Felipe Carvalho said:

Here is an attempt to bring what you were doing forward so we could actually hear it, compressed the living hell out of it, multiband included to equalize the voice timbre.

https://app.box.com/files/0/f/0/1/f_70162063853

Its all squeezed budy, naive copy of a few maneirisms both from Bruce and Phil, you will end up hurting yourself if you continue this way. But it's the last reply, if you don't care, I am not worried either, its not my voice after all. Good luck.

requires me to sign in. You might check the link.

• Administrator
23 hours ago, Simon Öhlund said:

I can hear the vocals just fine

Simon, I am categorically telling you... the mix sucks and the singing needs a LOT of work. PERIOD.

Now buck up and take these guys advise... Part of becoming a great singer is to be able to humble your pride... over and over and over again. We all have done so. It is part of the lifestyle of being a singer. There is no place to be "stubborn" about your ideas in singing, when others are giving you feedback that is contrary to what you believe. The mind will use the ego to protect its esteem. This happens unknowingly a lot when you are a singer.

You have an opportunity to grow, but you have to listen to what we are telling you and stop fussing.

Tough love coach... 

17 hours ago, Robert Lunte said:

Simon, I am categorically telling you... the mix sucks and the singing needs a LOT of work. PERIOD.

Now buck up and take these guys advise... Part of becoming a great singer is to be able to humble your pride... over and over and over again. We all have done so. It is part of the lifestyle of being a singer. There is no place to be "stubborn" about your ideas in singing, when others are giving you feedback that is contrary to what you believe. The mind will use the ego to protect its esteem. This happens unknowingly a lot when you are a singer.

You have an opportunity to grow, but you have to listen to what we are telling you and stop fussing.

Tough love coach... 

Something I have teach myself over and over again.