• Review My Singing Membership

Hi there

I am pretty sure what I have provided is a streamable  link and not a downloadable one
It is hosted by "Google Drive"
I only have the most basic of playing and recording equipment which dose not allow good quality recording of the vocal spectrum I guess.
But hear is the link
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B897xTc-9m8Bb2ZidGd1eUZaejg

Will pop back in 24hrs to check this thread

So where do I want to be then?

• Administrator

Thats correct... the right place.

Be sure to upload an avatar to your profile if you could please...

Review:

- Where are you? It looks like the cab of a truck?

- Cat... you need to tune up... this is not in pitch... start by getting this in the right pitch.... You need someone to help you with this and coach you on this. 

You really need to take lessons... It can be improved, but you will need help.

23 hours ago, Robert Lunte said:

Review:

- Cat... you need to tune up... this is not in pitch... start by getting this in the right pitch..

Sorry I dont understand what you mean by this?

Be sure to upload an avatar to your profile if you could please...

Sorry I dont do social media sites; yes I use the net a lot but you wont wind my real name on google search 

What exactly can I get out of a teacher that will help me improve this song?

And do you think I have the potential to get the song to a professional standard?

Thanks

• TMV World Legacy Member
4 hours ago, 2 cats in a dust bin said:

Sorry I dont do social media sites; yes I use the net a lot but you wont wind my real name on google search 

What exactly can I get out of a teacher that will help me improve this song?

And do you think I have the potential to get the song to a professional standard?

Thanks

Yeah, actually, an avatar of anything is in the info you get when you sign up for this forum. so, I gave you some hair from Beaker from Sesame Street.

Enjoy.

Thanks.

• TMV World Member

you're sound is extremely mouthy and unpleasant.  Too much involvement of the mouth and improper support.  You need to work on either dropping the accent or embracing it,  vocal twang exercises might help.  You can probably make yourself sound good with training and practice but you've got a long way to go. 

Collin

Did you manage to download the .mp2 link, the one I uploaded first, or just the first one (the .mp4 video)

So are you saying I can work this song if I get vocal twang  exercise from a teacher/ coach?

All I can see from  diaphragmatic muscles is the it is a muscle used for breathing

Have you had singing lessons in the past for your self Collin?

• TMV World Member
53 minutes ago, 2 cats in a dust bin said:

Collin

Did you manage to download the .mp2 link, the one I uploaded first, or just the first one (the .mp4 video)

So are you saying I can work this song if I get vocal twang  exercise from a teacher/ coach?

All I can see from  diaphragmatic muscles is the it is a muscle used for breathing

Have you had singing lessons in the past for your self Collin?

No I took choir all four years of highschool though.  And made it into chamber choir lol my voice was terrible back then though,  I just know from experience what your voice starts off sounding like when you first start recording is not the same as what it will be with practice and plenty of changes.

Just now looked at the link and my first thought was;

"Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie ..."

I would say that there is a little too much nasality and volume, which could easily cause you to miss the pitch you actually need to be on.

Everyone here has already offered better advice.

I have managed to convert to .mp3 so hopefully you can now stream them

This is the one I did at full https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B897xTc-9m8BZE9xSVRXWE5kdnM

And this is done again played down https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B897xTc-9m8BSUlJSGVnTGFCR1U

Okay, those links worked. You are off pitch and it is not just a matter of singing a song relative to itself but in a different key. There is no consistency to suggest another key. That is important because instead of a deficiency in hearing the key of the song which might make you consistently a half-tone away in either direction, what it means is that you are not hearing yourself and your notes in relation to the music. So, you need to work on that. If you do not have access to an instrument you can find tone files online. And you may have to continue to record yourself and listen back. Are you listening back now and can you not hear the difference between what you are singing and what the music is?

It's been said that there are no tone-deaf people. I try to stay from such grandiose statements.

Second, articulation. Singing is different than speaking, forever and amen and I don't care how stubbornly someone else may want to hold on to the idea that it is and they would easily and in dedicated fashion beat their head against a brick wall until it is a bloody, pulpy mess, having died proud and mistaken, this is not the hill one should die on. Give it up. So, that means quit reciting the lyrics but sing them as notes of a musical instrument. You are not hear to sing as a kiwi, aussie, or a proper brit. Can others do it? Yes, and a big woohoo for them. For others, it is best start plain and simple and bring the fancy stuff back in later.

And stay away from the harsh consonants and fricatives.

Your k sound is actually, to my ears, a ch sound. It is so pronounced in the chorus "walk away" and it is distracting. You need to soften that to more of a g or softer, even,

4 hours ago, ronws said:

If you do not have access to an instrument you can find tone files online

I keep hearing about this instrument thing and I have no idea what anyone is talking about

Please could you supply me a link that I can use

Thanks

• TMV World Member
16 hours ago, ronws said:

Okay, those links worked. You are off pitch and it is not just a matter of singing a song relative to itself but in a different key. There is no consistency to suggest another key. That is important because instead of a deficiency in hearing the key of the song which might make you consistently a half-tone away in either direction, what it means is that you are not hearing yourself and your notes in relation to the music. So, you need to work on that. If you do not have access to an instrument you can find tone files online. And you may have to continue to record yourself and listen back. Are you listening back now and can you not hear the difference between what you are singing and what the music is?

It's been said that there are no tone-deaf people. I try to stay from such grandiose statements.

Second, articulation. Singing is different than speaking, forever and amen and I don't care how stubbornly someone else may want to hold on to the idea that it is and they would easily and in dedicated fashion beat their head against a brick wall until it is a bloody, pulpy mess, having died proud and mistaken, this is not the hill one should die on. Give it up. So, that means quit reciting the lyrics but sing them as notes of a musical instrument. You are not hear to sing as a kiwi, aussie, or a proper brit. Can others do it? Yes, and a big woohoo for them. For others, it is best start plain and simple and bring the fancy stuff back in later.

And stay away from the harsh consonants and fricatives.

Your k sound is actually, to my ears, a ch sound. It is so pronounced in the chorus "walk away" and it is distracting. You need to soften that to more of a g or softer, even,

is D a harsh consonant cause it sure seems like it to me, especially when ending words.