• Review My Singing Membership

I've heard feedback from many people some professional and some people who hear me perform. (Ignore the screenshot and outro it is just to increase views and engagement on YouTube) Give me some feedback! 

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi Cody, welcome to the forum. I think you sound good overall. In the beginning, you sounded too heady and nasal for my taste (personal opinion), but when you start singing with more "pressure" it gets so much better. If I may humbly suggest you to check the gain levels on your microphone because the sound was distorting a bit when you started to get loud. I also missed some tasty effects on your voice, such as EQ, compression and reverb. Good job. Cheers

• Administrator

Cody,

I can see that you can "feel" your song. In regards to the production, I agree with Gnee,... you need some effects on the vocals. Not too much, but a touch of reverb and the delay at the quarter note tempo would be nice.

You would benefit from lowering your larynx and warming this sound, techniques I can teach you.

Again, I do like the genuine heartfelt interpretation here... I think if you got serious about vocal training, you could become a great singer. I am certain of it. About a year of serious training and commitment would get you there. 

Check out my home study training program.

The Four Pillars of Singing