Michael Jackson - Man in the mirror cover

Rate this topic

Hello everybody ! 

Here a quick cover of "man in the mirror" of MJ , recorded with ipad .

I wanted to have some review of what you think of my version , and some advices to improve my singing and sing it better.

I am high barry but not tenor so the song is played 3 half step down, the original pitch is too high for me . 

• Administrator

Hello Roddy, 

Welcome to TMV World forum.

Please upload an avatar / pic to your profile... thanks!

Review:

Nice voice... and "felt".

I really like your rendition of this tune and your voice is very pretty. 

- You seem to have some nice groove as well, which is serving to help your presentation a lot.

- I would work on a cleaner articulation, some of the singing is hard to hear... pronounce your consonants and vowels better.

- At 2:36... and the same part of this song previously, your voice goes flat here... below the pitch. You need to clean this up on rhythm and pitch.. its almost there, but make it tighter. Just because the words are coming out fast like this, that does not mean you can drop your intonation... that part of the song needs to pedal through an E4 accurately... then it will sound a LOT more cool.

- At touch flat at the end with the "nah, nah, nah"... I know you can sing this without being flat. Your being careless, here... tune it up. Your being TOO relaxed... sit up straight and tighten up your intonation.

If you like, I can coach you on this tune in a private lesson. You may also be interested in the TVS training program. Contact me personally and I'll give you a $20 savings on the vocal training program for being a new TMV World member!

Helo Robert !

Thank you very much for your review !

I will try to apply your advices and sing with a better articulation , and I am sure Iam gonna sound better .

English is not my main language and i know that i have to progess on it .

What do you mean when you say I sound "flat" , does it means dark timber not enough bright ? Or this is about the pitch a little Under  ?

At 2.36 and the same before , I just see that I have made a mistake with the chord , I played a Asus4 but it should be a Dm .. Maybe that's why I sound below the pitch ?

Yeah you're right at the end I am a little careless ( maybe because this is the end of the song and i didnt think that i would keep the video lol ) , and that"s why i sound flat here ..