Felipe Carvalho - The Clairvoyant

Wonderful song and another killer interpretation line from Bruce Dickinson. A real lot of power and details on the phrasing, in special his use of registration on the chorus and verses.

Thanks everyone that listens and drops a few words :) 

Update: Fixed version with a little more punch to it, thanks @aravindmadis for the help!

• TMV World Legacy Member

Very interesting take on the song Felipe.. Wonderful as always.  This is one of my favorite songs of Iron Maiden.  The Bruce Dickenson version has a lot more raw power and brute emotion(if that is indeed a thing), which gives the signature kick to the song.  Your version sounds so easy(like you are lazing, just having got up), which has a completely different feel.  While this is a wonderful interpretation which you have made your own, it sounds like not the best song for your voice.  Then again what do I know, perhaps I am biased since I like the original version so much.  

All in all an amazing lesson for singers like me on how to render a song differently and yet do justice to the original.  I think I have a much heavier set voice in the high range than you.  Bruce's version is a bit too much for me to render. Your song offers a great lesson for me.  

Kudos and keep posting.. 

• TMV World Legacy Member

Well done, Felipe. And I don't expect you to sound like Bruce. For one thing, you have a voice that sounds more operatic, any given day, than his.

But this is still a great version.