"Woman" John Lennon Karaoke Cover

• TMV World Legacy Member

Ecxellent job, Jeremy. You sound uncannily similar to John on this one. Including some of the same mixing values. John Lennon - "I don't care! Put some ketchup on it!"

Thanks for listening guys. :) I noted that pitch problem you pointed out Jon, thanks.  And yeah Ron I have a bad habit of mimicking the original vocal a lot whenever I sing a cover, between that and the fact that I double tracked it like John did I admit it does sound fairly close.  Like a 20-year-old amateur John.  Thanks again guys.

cPOh14H.png

It sounds really good Jeremy, and so impressively similar to John's timbre. You did such a great job on the double tracking. I seriously doubt I could do something like that. I noticed the slightly off-pitch parts too, and volume drop outs in some high parts, when you probably go very soft. But other than that, it is really solid. Good job

12 minutes ago, Jeremy Mohler said:

Thanks brotha. :) And of course you could do a double track!  If you can sing in pitch for one vocal, you can do it for two. :D 

Singing on pitch is one thing, singing the exact same melody at the same time I find just a bit harder...:(

Practice, practice, practice. :) I've heard your voice in multiple covers, it's well within your grasp man.  Find a song you love that is double tracked (a LOT of Beatles songs are) and learn the hell out of it.  Get it down to the finest nuance and just keep replicating the take. 

cPOh14H.png

1 hour ago, Jeremy Mohler said:

Practice, practice, practice. :) I've heard your voice in multiple covers, it's well within your grasp man.  Find a song you love that is double tracked (a LOT of Beatles songs are) and learn the hell out of it.  Get it down to the finest nuance and just keep replicating the take. 

Thanks for the encouragement and support Jeremy. I might try it someday.