Mix Voice vs Nasally Falseto?

• Review My Singing Membership

Hey guys im providing links to 2 voice clips showing what i think is my mixed voice and then my falsetto. Ive heard people say my mix voice is a nasaly/chest falsetto. Could you tell me if thats the case? I doubt myself cause i go high as G#5 in mix voice. and im 17 and a guy and dont know if i should be able to sing that high. In my falseto clip, the first sound is me making an intentional chesty.nasaly falsetto becuase thats what i imagine a nasal falseto sounds like, not when people call my mix voice that. can i please get your opinion? is my mix voice actually a nsasal falseto? Also sorry my falsetto sucks in general, its hard to sing that high without mix, ive never had singing lessons but im lookin for a coach! and sorry my voice cracks at the end of my mix voice clip, its so annoying and i cant help it

mix voice 

falseto 

Mix voice.wav

Falsetto.wav

• Administrator

Your review:

The mixed voice sample isn't really mixed voice at all. It is a high, squeak. The frequencies are so high that it rather goes above and beyond a practical mixed voice range or position. Therefore your sample is useless, if you want us to hear something that you think is mixed voice. You need to stop squeaking a super high note and provide something that we can actually work with. 

It is the same thing with the falsetto. We can't do anything with this sample. It is some squeaky burps. There simply is nothing to review here.

Are you training? What are you doing to advance your understanding of how the voice works and what a realistic vocal sound would be... other then watching youtube videos? Because if your not training you will not have the ability to sing well or get past the hurdles that beginners experience, including the inability to provide a decent sample to review.

I can't help but wonder if the reason you are using the term "mixed voice" and are so concerned about "mixed voice" and your sound sample is a failed attempt at a bad whistle, which is also completely pointless... is because you have been spending time with singing success ?  If you are a singing success person, that would totally explain why you are confused as to what mixed voice actually should be or sound like and your effort to give us a sample is a whistle squeak, not something anyone could actually use in singing.