Go the Distance - Michael Bolton

• TMV World Legacy Member

This is something I did a few months back that I wanted to share, it's when I first starting feeling kinda comfortable around the C5-D5 area in full voice. Any and all feedback welcome.

https://app.box.com/s/zt2zay06qbl8orzn9y9fwvcozqlz41bv

"The journey in between what you once were and who you are now becoming is where the dance of life really takes place."
-B. De Angelis

My SoundCloud

• 3 weeks later...
  • TMV World Legacy Member

Javastorm, your songs are always a favorite of mine. I really wish I had a "Manly" voice haha but I have a fairly bright tone and even when I sing lower it always cuts a bit and I have to work at warming it up to my liking. Great job on this tune btw, very emotive and sung with fantastic urgency. Love the tag lines at the 4 min mark.

• 2 weeks later...
  • TMV World Member

Your tone gave me goosebumps a few times in the beginning.  I can hear you have a strong chest voice but were holding back from breaking into head voice during this song which is a good objective but you need just a little bit more support for some of the belts.  As far as sounding like Micheal Bolton goes you nailed that nail straight on the head but your lack of control took me out of the song a couple times.  As soon as you get more command over your voice I would listen to your songs on the daily.