"Killing Me Softly" - Live at David Jaanz Mic Day

• TMV World Legacy Member

Sounding great! I would love to hear you singing with a live band or better yet we have to get you in the studio A.S.A.P.! You are super solid live but it would be fantastic to get you on a studio recording where you can do multiple takes and experiment and really craft a definitive vocal take. You have the voice its time to get you on a pro recording. If you have any material to record talk to me about it. I have lots of studio work behind me and would love to offer any guidance or advice as I would love to see you succeed. I don't want to say you are coasting because you have done much more than I was doing in High School :) but I learned really fast how fast youth can pass you by lol. You need to get on it girl, and start laying it down in the studio :4: Let's make it happen soon.

• Administrator

Really cool song Elise, good choice.

Review:

- Elise, your growing more confident. Nice stage pretense.

- Elise it is a pinch pitchy, tiny bits in the beginning. Not a huge deal, because it is not very noticeable, but given how hard you work on singing, you should strive to clean up your intonation even more. We all do, its not just you... 

- Love your passion, you are really crooning hard on this and you mean it. Its good 'mojo'.

- Tough love. Why does this entire song have a windy, open glottis sound color? Do you understand what Im talking about? Why not compress your vocal folds and have a more connected tone more often? I think you should.

- 1:34 - 1:40... now thats what Im talking about. More compression, more REAL tone... nice dynamic swell.

- .... Ok, I spoke to soon... the 2nd half has more compression ... GOOD!

- 2:30 ish... i like the "whooahs" .. pretty resonance / vowel dear...

- Cool ending...

sounded good... you did a great job Elise...

However,... 

- Elise, your being a pinch careless about intonation. I know you can tighten up your intonation better then this. It has nothing to do with your ears. Its all about... just paying attention more to the notes. Elise, this song in a minor key... that means you have to listen more closely on the intervals. Singing in pitch in minor keys is a tad more challenging then major... when you are singing a minor key song, ... hunker down and pay attention.

LOVELY as usual... your awesome.

I really wish you would take some lessons with me one Skype... I can help you take this song to another level for sure... Ive coached it a dozen times.