Rate this topic

Ren

Would it be better for my voice to rest today? or to exercise today?

I fell asleep on the bus, going home from school, and somebody woke me up.

What do you do if you're tired? Do you practice, or do you take a day off?

It is best to be well rested for singing but that differs for various people. Some, like me, can raise the roof first thing in the morning. Others do better halfway through the day. You don't have to take the day off just because you fell asleep on the bus, Unless you are looking for a reason not to practice. If the latter is the case, then you will find another reason to not practice. Next time, it will not be a cat nap on the bus, it will be what Hillary said, or Donald said. Or your shoelace loosened. Or  you had to clean the cat's litter box.

Instead, find a time to practice and follow that. The only time I would suggest not practicing or singing anything is when you have a cold or flu, something that is affecting your breathing or clogging up your sinuses.

• 1 month later...

Wow, I thought I never got a reply to this, turns out I just didn't get notified. Anyways, thanks! I'll try to practice even when I'm sleepy. Because I also do find, that I can still sing fine even when I'm tired. But now when I'm just tired, I just try not to practice too much, I just do less than what I'd normally do, or I'd just practice something easier.