Mother I Miss You

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi, haven't posted anything in a bit. I really liked Jeremy's "Cat's in the Cradle" cover from several weeks back and as much as that song is fathers I thought I would do one for the mothers lol. I live in Orlando, Florida and it may be September but it is still very hot so I apologize for the sound of my Air Conditioner running in the back of my vocal track I tried to minimize it but it still bleeds through just a little. This song isn't particularly challenging from a range type of thing but was more about trying to convey "honest" emotion. I have several friends who lost their mother's pretty early on in their adult lives and as I tried to think about what they have told me about that and thinking about my own mother I actually had a hard time singing this because my throat actually lumped up a bit, some tough rocker I turned out to be :)

Anyway here it is.

• TMV World Member

That was nice. Your voice has kind of an 80s feel or maybe it was just the song.  I think it was good but it was missing a dramatic element, a difference in intensity might do the trick.  Idk what it was but it was almost too stable like there was no risk involved.  Please take everything I say with a grain of salt cause I have overstepped my boundaries in the past and my opinion is quite amateur.

• TMV World Legacy Member

No offence taken Collin571. The song is a late 90's ballad. I stayed true to the original melody. It is not a risky song or challenging from a range type of thing for me. I generally sing hard rock. My intent on this track was not to take a bunch of risks with the melody but rather to sing it with as much emotional depth that I could. Thank you for taking the time to listen to my track :)