Rate this topic

Does professional and the vibrant and pleasant vocal tones develop over a long time? I am not currently satisfied with my range and tone especially and I want to be able to develop more and more. How is he able to manipulate his tone so well comparing the first two videos and third video? It's almost as if he's two different singers..

Personal questions:

I have been singing for a while now but only recently throughout 2016 I have "Properly practiced" getting rid of my bad habits, fixing tone, pitch, etc.

1. Is it normal that after I started to do so, my range increased VERY FAST. In a span of 4-6 months, I am able now to reach the notes he is singing that otherwise BEFORE I would

just choke and sound like I am shouting. Just curious because I am worried I might be destroying my voice by pushing it too hard. There are times before I damaged my voice by improper technique which I guess somehow made my voice range increase as a short cut? is that even possible? I tend to just go all out when I sing right after doing my workouts. Example song I practice is the first video I post below.. ( I am currently using Ken Tamplin's workouts, if that is helpful in any way). ONE IMPORTANT thing to note is that as I go up in pitch and shed my weight, It feels like the TONE of my voice gets higher as well. It's like I sound chesty in the lower ranges then suddenly like little kid in the higher ranges.

I also tend to MIMIC singers for a long time... sadly.. is it normal that I am mimicing their style in every different singer? I feel like it doesn't sound "right" if I don't sing with their TONE.

2. As I go higher in pitch, is it normal to feel like something in my mask/palate area to NARROW DOWN? It feels like my mask area is flexing and my chords are very tightly closing. IT ISN'T PAINFUL. Or is this improper technique? Am I suppose to feel COMPLETELY OPEN? When I try to keep it completely open it feels like my voice goes SPLAT and airy and it hurts.

Sometimes I feel like I am overwhelmed wondering if I am singing right or am I singing improperly even following his lessons and achieving growth.

Anyways heres, the singer. How is his technique? It'll be awesome if there are some veterans or experienced singers to guide a newbie like myself to achieve this versatility in terms of programs and what I need to do. How does everyone here see Ken Tamplin's program?... Thank you!!

I think common sense goes a long way. Dont do things that actually HURT when you do them. Keep working and your voice will gradually and steadily improve. Keep studying and getting smarter about it etc

Thanks for the reassurance

Yeah should be obvious that common sense says not to do anything that hurts.

I never heard of Bruce Dickinson but now a fan of his voice. I seriously want to train to develop that type of range and versatility

I have heard of them but I never had any experience listening to them personally

Sorry I am not as experienced on that side of music.. I feel like should be though ):

Besides that point,

I am currently doing KTVA at the moment and I am feeling improvement. However, do you guys think it will be unwise to switch to TVS?

What puts me off is all the terminology and I have no idea what he is talking about. 

Should I just stick with KTVA until I fully gone through it thoroughly? 

2 hours ago, dankim321 said:

I never heard of Bruce Dickinson but now a fan of his voice. I seriously want to train to develop that type of range and versatility

he is the singer for Iron Maiden (they have had several but he is the main guy)

I just picked him out because one of the notes the masked guy sang reminded me of Bruce

classic album from way back in 1983 lol 

1 minute ago, JonJon said:

he is the singer for Iron Maiden (they have had several but he is the main guy)

I just picked him out because one of the notes the masked guy sang reminded me of Bruce

classic album from way back in 1983 lol 

I can definitely see the similarity. I wouldn't be surprised if he was inspired off these OGs haha

Damn.. how they keep these awesome full heavy tones while going so high...

I just sound so pitchy and like a little kid hahah

I should just go expand my knowledge more

2 minutes ago, dankim321 said:

I have heard of them but I never had any experience listening to them personally

Sorry I am not as experienced on that side of music.. I feel like should be though ):

Besides that point,

I am currently doing KTVA at the moment and I am feeling improvement. However, do you guys think it will be unwise to switch to TVS?

What puts me off is all the terminology and I have no idea what he is talking about. 

Should I just stick with KTVA until I fully gone through it thoroughly? 

A lot of what you might do depends on your $$$ situation lol. IMo there is nothing wrong with buying multiple programs over the course of time, if you really want to be a student of the game

KTVA is pretty light on technical explanations etc

TVS goes into way more depth technically.

One thing about terminology, you will find there is very little that is really agreed upon lol. folks LOVE to argue about tiny details of terminology. The main thing is to learn the various different ways of singing notes and begin to strengthen the various ways etc