Throat Coat Alternatives

Rate this topic

Cricket

Hi! First time here on TMV.  I am a singer in a pop cover band and belt all the time.  I recently started voice lessons again and am learning how to reconnect with my breath and find my head voice. I was a lyrical soprano in college. I need to take a break vocally (at my teachers recommendation), but the gigs are on the books and have to be performed. I already use Grethers Pastilles and love them. I am looking for a version of throat coat that does not have - fennel, star anise or any other licorice tasting things in it. I HATE licorice. And believe me, I don't use the word hate very often. Thanks for your suggestions. 

~cricket~

• Administrator

Welcome to the TMV World forum, Cricket !

You may want to check out our "Vocal Gear Store"

Here's a link that will take you directly to the vocal health products :

http://astore.amazon.com/thevocastudin-20/159-8468164-8503438?_encoding=UTF8&node=7

Also, you may be interested in the "Thayers Slippery Elm Lozenges"

http://astore.amazon.com/thevocastudin-20/detail/B0012BZFBU

Of course, there are other products as well that may be of interest to you.

Sincere Regards,

Adolph

Sadly, the ones that work the best usually have licorice. I hate it too. The best spray I've found is Singer's Saving Grace. I "Singer's" it over drinking Throat Coat. Vocal Eze, Slippery Elm, or a number of other things I've tried. It doesn't taste very good, but it's tolerable and does an amazing job. Plus, you only have to endure the taste for a minute, rather than the prolonged process of drinking tea.