How do you fill a 45 minute show?

Rate this topic

Jarom

- put an instrumental intro on before you actually play (if you don't have one, just "borrow" a free one that you find on the net)

- Obviously: talk a lot between the songs. Tell the audience something about the song or introduce yourself. Ask some questions to the audience. Especially this can enlengthen those parts. 

- if you still have some time for rehersal, do an easy cover song. There are lots of "easy" cover songs that can be learned really quick. But it depends a lot on your style. For the last show I was on, we learned 4 cover songs in about 3 hours total of rehearsal, but all of them were "easy" (2-4 chords, low range vocals).

If you still think you cannot make it, try to find another artist that can fille the time.

If you have 7 performance ready songs and 3 that are doable but not great that is plenty.. Like other advice Talk to the audience. Grab their attention with the first song, Play the so so songs while people are shuffling in or are otherwise distracted and kill them with the last 2 songs. Leave them wanting more............

7 hours ago, 2 cats in a dust bin said:

I though you said somewhere on hear that you did a lot of Keane (the band) work that you trained on

Cant you just work on that?

How is the new song "good buy afternoon coming on" is it relised yet, will we hear it on the radio, are you working on anything new?

I have an E.P coming out this week with goodbye afternoon on it. Almost Creation is my latest single which you can find on Spotify, iTunes and everywhere in between. I can't do any covers without getting in trouble legally so I can't do any Keane songs. 

If you are singing all originals, then for the songs you think are not ready, let the audience know they are works in progress. Maybe even ask them for feedback.

Just be aware that there are jerks in every crowd and you may get negative comments from someone who is just trying to draw attention to themselves. This is another part of the entertainment business that you need to learn to deal with.

16 hours ago, Jarom said:

I have an E.P coming out this week with goodbye afternoon on it. Almost Creation is my latest single which you can find on Spotify, iTunes and everywhere in between. I can't do any covers without getting in trouble legally so I can't do any Keane songs. 

You cant cover any artists at all! ow dear

But having said that you said you have 7 songs you can preform

If you had a bit of a chat aftrer one song then you could say each song takes 5 minuts. So thats 9 songs in total, only 2 short

Good luck

• 1 month later...