Purchase One-Time Access To Read & Post Reviews! 

CLICK HERE

Purchase Access To All Private Forums

CLICK HERE

2 cats in a dust bin

Why is my voice cracking?

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

i would say this is what they call on CVT (as you have noticed till this point im heavily based on CVT hahah, well, on some things at least!) "flageolet split" of the voice, research what you can about this term :P on the CVT book they talk about this, but i have an old version, i dont know how it is currently!

12 hours ago, 2 cats in a dust bin said:

Well there I was again; singing scales as you do.

But today and a bit of yesterday my voice cracked when singing at this range; I can normaly sing these notes in my head vocie with out a problem but just now I can not!

Anyone know what has caused my voice to start cracking?

https://app.box.com/s/ukl64k9kxnsqrxfwuu4oq7vtfmpb5ubb

Thanks

2CIADB

In a recent thread you were asking about TONE or TIMBRE, A change in tone or timbre will require other changes to your singing. Before, you were allowing your voice to do what was needed to get the pitch without being conscious of the tone.

CVT??

Tone/ timbre I am sorry to bouth of you but I have no idea what you are talking about.

I sang the same scale exersise today with out any problems and I do not see what tone will make any differance to my ill voice I sang with yesterday

If you are convinced this is a tone issue then I will upload another clip of me singing scales when I can manage to sing the entire piano at some opint over the weekend

im pretty sure i answered this topic a couple days ago, mmmhh anyways

"I will upload another clip of me singing scales when I can manage to sing the entire piano at some opint over the weekend"

do it :P

1 person likes this

Hey Cats,

Whenever you post a clip of your singing and ask for it to be critiqued, it becomes a Review my Singing Request. The Review my Singing (RMS) forum is a consultation service that we provide to help you get feedback on your singing and training. As such, it is a paid service because a thorough consultation of your training and singing takes time. We wish to provide you the best feedback and insights regarding your singing that we can.

Kindly navigate to the link below if you wish to pay for a review.

http://www.themodernvocalistworld.com/store/product/12-review-my-singing/

2 people like this

Thanks Geoff.

Cats in addition to the invite to have a more formal review of your singing via the service, I can't help but ask...

1. Do you have a training program?

2. Are you practicing, or just looking for tips on forums and youtube?

there is nothing wrong with doing that, but it's not going to result in you ever getting past the problem of your voice cracking. If you are not training and singing regularly , then your spinning your wheels. 

... the reason your voice is breaking could be forbabout six different reasons. It is probably the most complex answer anyone would have to give you. Most likely.

1. Your physical strength and motor skills are not practiced enough, because you not training, ... or not training properly, to support  the extremities required to support and anchor...

2. ... the required acoustics ( vowels, resonance ), to sing the notes your trying to sing. 

Extreme physicality is required for extreme acoustics for extreme singing. 

tough love coach

I have been sining this set of scales for several weeks now; but as I said normaly my vocie dose not crack that low up the scale

But I do train as much as I can within the time scale I can or before I am physically exhausted trying not to break my vocie

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, geran89 said:

"I will upload another clip of me singing scales when I can manage to sing the entire piano at some opint over the weekend"

do it :P

Dont think that would be advisable given the other comments to this thread

It's fine... share your content ...

OK I will do, but I think I will leave it a few weeks until I have finished this exersise

I think you will like the end product Robart:)