• Review My Singing Membership

Hi, so  just recorded this clip (No rain)(sorry for the quality, im traveling right now) but I want to know if im using the right technique, and if this is any closer to a good mix voice. Of course, a lot of things to work on regarding the song, but I'd like to know if im on the right track and what should I improve or work on for those high notes. At the end of the clip I also did a small comparison between a very nasal tone and a cleaner tone. Im not sure if this nasal tone is the right way (+ diaphram compression) to get a good distortion for heavier songs?  Finally i also attached another clip (Paradise city) which is basically me playing around with this nasal tone quality to see if i get a good result.

Thank you very much! cant wait to be singing these songs live:D

• Administrator

Alex

I am reviewing the first one, the G&R tune.

- Your singing in falsetto for the most part.

You need to build strength in your voice with training. Which can be a big discussion, the best thing you can do to move forward is get on the phone with me and I'll give you a very honest feedback on what is going on here.

Frankly, it doesn't sound like your doing any training, are you?

How long have you been a musician? The musicianship needs a lot of work.

It is not that great Alex, I'll just be honest with you, but I can help you.

Schedule a clarity call with me, it is $1/min. and i will make a recommendation for you on what you can do. You have a lot of work ahead of you. You can learn to sing great, that much I am convinced, but what you are demonstrating here is a LOT of lack of strength, coordination, motor skills, and musicianship. You need to get serious about singing and being a musician if you really want to do it.

What have you been doing to commit to becoming a musician and a singer, other then making recordings like this? What real study and training have you been doing?

4 hours ago, Robert Lunte said:

Alex

You need to build strength in your voice with training. Which can be a big discussion, the best thing you can do to move forward is get on the phone with me and I'll give you a very honest feedback on what is going on here.

Schedule a clarity call with me, it is $1/min. and i will make a recommendation for you on what you can do. You have a lot of work ahead of you. You can learn to sing great, that much I am convinced, but what you are demonstrating here is a LOT of lack of strength, coordination, motor skills, and musicianship. You need to get serious about singing and being a musician if you really want to do it.

What have you been doing to commit to becoming a musician and a singer, other then making recordings like this? What real study and training have you been doing?

Hi Robert, appreciate the feedback! Well like I mentioned the G&R tune is basically just me playing around with different parts of my voice to see If I was getting somewhere. Now I have done vocal training for about a year and been a performing musician for 6 years (been studying various instruments for 17 years). Of course I would never sing a G&R song just yet live, and my performance here was just a quick recording as i said i'm traveling right now.

Regarding the vocal training I've had, we've focused on good chest voice, intonation (was big problem for me), proper breathing, chesty high notes. Basically just one part of the voice so that's why i'm so eager to move forward with these type of songs. Currently my most demanding song to sing live its probably toxicity or Pride-U2. 

I do have quite a few home recordings and live ones showing the way I would normally perform, but like I mentioned most of them don't focus on this type of registers.

Thank you!

Alex

3 hours ago, Robert Lunte said:

Alex

I just did a quick upload of a few videos so you can get a better Idea. Thank you Robert