Man on the silver mountain Rainbow

• Administrator

Its better then the last sample you shared a couple days ago, but it is still a complete mess. Honestly, its not good enough to capture an audience. Just being honest with you so that you will take action.

You need to train, you need to practice, you need to learn how to sing.

Stop trying to 'wing it'... if you really want to become a singer, you have to take it seriously with lessons and training. Not much is going to change until you do. This is how you are going to sing, which is not good, until you choose to do something about it.

Although I do give you an A for courage in your decision to share your singing with us and trying. That IS the first step, so take the next step.

This will help you immensely. For you, this would transform your singing forever.  If you do the routines and what it teaches you to do. You have just about everything you need to become 95% better in about 30 to 90 days. The choice is now yours... how important is singing to you?

Is it worth $197 and approx. 90 days of hard work? Only you can answer that question.

https://thevocaliststudio.com/the-four-pillars-of-singing/

I agree 100% with Robert.

To be straight: You're yelling, not singing, especially on the verses. It doesn't have to be loud to be yelling. Yelling is a vocal configuration/mode. Sometimes you sing out some notes here and there, but it's very inconsistent in placement, timbre, support, and pitch.

What's your goal in singing? Are you just doing this for fun and to sing at Karaoke bars? Or do you want to be taken seriously and sound professional?

If it's the latter, then you need a coach and training routine. Hell, if it's the former, you would still benefit highly from training. You can't simply will yourself into being a good singer. If you think you're good now, start taking feedback seriously (from the audience, your friends, coaches like us, peers, etc), and see what others think. As a performer, it ultimately doesn't matter what you think about yourself, but rather what your audience thinks about you. You can become a MUCH better singer than you are now, but it likely won't happen until you listen to others' feedback and start correctly training proven techniques.

• Review My Singing Membership

Gonna play the song this summer. It is gonna be awesome. Whenever i sing karaoke i dont get an audience or they just sit down. Weird.

Well i made a better version.

WP_20151106_001.jpg

• Administrator

Uh,...Ya, ... its not better.

One of the things you learn as you evolve into a conscientious singer that is serious, is you get a lot of practice shelving your ego and exercising the courage to humble yourself, especially when you get feedback you don't want to swallow. Being humbled from time to time is part of the lifestyle of being a singer. For everyone, at all levels. Until you can be open to this, it won't happen for you.

At the moment, you are sort of... pretending to be a singer. To be clear, If you sounded exactly the same, but were being accountable by taking our advice, you would appear to be more real to me. Your attitude, not your singing, is what weakens your credibility at this early stage.

Either you are a bit delusional or this is a joke. Maybe this is a joke? I suppose its possible, but I fear it isn't.

I don't feel like protecting your feelings. I feel like giving you the tough love truth, because that is what you are going to need to make any kind of progress. I did my part.

Good luck on your journey.

• Review My Singing Membership

ROBERT IS A REALLY CONSIDERATE AND THOUGHTFUL GUY THAT GAVE ME A LOT OF FREE ADVICE TO HELP ME. I REALLY APPRECIATE THAT, EVEN THOUGH IT HURT MY PRIDE A LITTLE BIT. WHAT A GREAT GUY! 

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS FORUM TO ANYONE THAT WANTS TO GET A REALITY CHECK ON THEIR SINGING AND GOOD ADVISE!

ROBERT AND DRAVEN ARE SO COOL!

WP_20151106_001.jpg

Further replies on this topic is temporarily disabled.