Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Ellise - Ariana Grande version

• Administrator

1:09 - "and..."  a bit pitchy. sharp.

Elise, pay more attention to the lower notes, "some..."... they tend to feel a bit abandoned. The hard stuff, melisimo sounds good. Don't take your eyes off the road on the low notes as you prepare for the high notes... Your looking down the road, preparing for the big "money" note and taking your eye off the low note that is happening in the moment. Try to be aware of both.

SOUNDS EXCELLENT!!  KEEP GOING!

:thankyou:

I'm, unsurprisingly, 100% in agreement with Robert. I adore your voice. Absolutely incredible.

For those low notes, it might be worth attempting a few things to stabilize:

1. Bring the voice more forward, edging, harsher, and then open to more air, which naturally modifies to a more curbing position.
  2. Dampen the larynx a bit more to taste, while adding slightly more breath support and locking down on the diaphragm.
  3. Do tuning exercises downward. This has been incredbly helpful with my female students who want to sing lower.  Start with tuning slides E4 to A3, working your way down in half steps (D#4 to G#3, D4 to G3, etc). The main point is tuning as your voice and pitch moves. By tuning, I mean paying very close attention to a well balanced placement, musculature, support, and anchoring.

For the higher notes, do you feel relaxed or like you're pushing? It sounds great, but I know that sound can be produced by either pushing a LOT of air/volume, or by relaxing completely and adjusting tiny things (like vocal twang and jaw placement) to get the same sound color. I've blown out my voice before from pushing too hard. I would hate to see that happen to you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • TMV World Legacy Member

You have a naturally gorgeous voice, wow. But it does need to be tweaked a bit like the other guys said. You have a ton of potential. You did a good job, keep up the good work = D