Honest opinions please! Wicked Game - Chris Isaak

Rate this topic

Hi everyone! So I'm having a bit of a crisis. For the past few months I've been dealing with a sinus infection. Although it seems to be cleared out, I'm now having doubts about my voice. I'm not sure if it's because I couldn't sing for a while or if I'm still not at 100%.

I use to really like it, but I'm honestly questioning whether it's good or not. I know I could definitely use some training (i've never had any formal training) but that being said, what do you guys think?

If you guys could give me some honest feedback that would be greatly appreciated!!

Since I'm already here for giving paid reviews, I thought I would go ahead and take a moment to review yours as well.

Great character and stylization! One great thing about getting over a cold is that, if you have a voice, it forces you to sing more correctly.

The lower/neutral larynx position you're using will hold you back once you get into higher pitches. It gives you a great sound color for this song though. I highly suggest a bit more breath support and volume (just a bit), and then try learning to sing more from a cry vocal mode - the same feeling you get in the soft palate when you cry or are really excited to see someone. Cry will soften and round out your voice to where you can get a similar sound color to what you're using the neutral larynx for, but also have a lot more control and flexibility because of being able to utilize much more breath support. It also neurologically places your body into a position it associates with extreme emotion, which can cause a much more emotional performance. Additionally, it adds very specific sounds colors to your voice that other people associate with extreme emotion. It can take some getting used to, but once you learn it, you'll hear just about every pro singer using it.