To old to become a pro?

Rate this topic

cecilia

Hey guys

I'm a 14-year-old girl, who has ALWAYS been an EDM girl. Which means not so much singing, more beats. After Avicii´s death, I just couldn't bear listening to EDM, so I tried to find something else. I then started to listen to regular pop/acoustic music. And Jesus Christ I love it. In 2 months I'm gonna start singing lessons. I just bought a guitar. I am not a shy girl, and I love to perform (i have been doing theater since a very young age). Besides that, I have an uncle who had a lot of success in the industry, but of course, I still need the talent. My question is.

Am I too old to become a professional/famous singer?

Before ill be able to sing good, play the guitar like a pro, and write some breathtaking songs, will I be too old by then? able to get signed/recognition?

Thanks in advance <3

P.S just to mention it, I don't want this only because of fame, its because I love to sing, and music.

PPS. Are there any masterclasses, videoes etc. you could recommend learning how to sing?

16 minutes ago, cecilia said:

Hey guys

I'm a 14-year-old girl, who has ALWAYS been an EDM girl. Which means not so much singing, more beats. After Avicii´s death, I just couldn't bear listening to EDM, so I tried to find something else. I then started to listen to regular pop/acoustic music. And Jesus Christ I love it. In 2 months I'm gonna start singing lessons. I just bought a guitar. I am not a shy girl, and I love to perform (i have been doing theater since a very young age). Besides that, I have an uncle who had a lot of success in the industry, but of course, I still need the talent. My question is.

Am I too old to become a professional/famous singer?

Before ill be able to sing good, play the guitar like a pro, and write some breathtaking songs, will I be too old by then? able to get signed/recognition?

Thanks in advance <3

P.S just to mention it, I don't want this only because of fame, its because I love to sing, and music.

PPS. Are there any masterclasses, videoes etc. you could recommend learning how to sing?

If you love to sing you are never too old. To be a professional is to get paid for doing something no matter how good or bad. Fame is a matter of perception and degree . You can be famous in your home town and not known anywhere else. Or you can be known by millions on Youtube but still the average person may never know about you.

You can either be true to yourself and learn/ practice/improve because of your own standards or you can chase the ideals of the present fad which changes from year to year. 

• 4 months later...
7 hours ago, Gsoul82 said:

I figured. That will do it. I suppose if you don't have it worked out by the time you're a fetus, you're screwed for life.

Fortunately my parents were singing 20 years before I was born so learned while a fetus. Unfortunately I could not hear so good because of bad acoustics and the muffled sound coming through the tissue of my mothers abdomen so I had to get the pitch thing taken care of on my own.