Know any good chest voice songs?

Hi guys,

I want to do a cover of some cool song that has mostly notes in the chest voice area, that is notes below G4, preferably one with a variety of emotion in it, i.e. some raspy notes, others clean, etc., all in one song. Can you remember any such song(s)?

That's easy... Simple Man. :lol:

I think the high note is G#4 but knock it down a little if you want.

I love that song.. my kind of music. Seems to be a good song with a variety of interpretations over the years. if you get a chance and like this type stuff I'd love to hear you do it.

Here's another one.

"Three Steps" by Lynrd Skynrd

First pic shows the original line-up. Ronnie Van Zandt, at the far left, is the singer. He did in the plane crash that took half the band. Artemus, the guy in the middle in the white t-shirt, survived the plane crash and walked for miles with a broken rib literally sticking out of his chest to find help. The plane had crashed in a swamp.

Second pic shows the current line-up with brother Lonnie Van Zandt as the current singer.

Anyway, I think this song would suit you as you have the "thick" voice that fits well with southern-fried rock. I think you could easily sound like you are from the american South.

A song I always liked which features ONLY chest is this one by HIM:

The singer seems to only ever sing in the bass-baritone range. I quite like it. If you wanted something very low, then maybe look up some of their stuff.

Or, If you wanted something even lower, you could try this ;)...

:P

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another band: Sunrise Avenue. I don't love their songs in general, but they are nice anyway, and usually don't even come close to that G. The vocalist usually hangs around E4 or F4, max. There's also Lifehouse. "Everything" is cool, for example.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived