Everybodys ravin' about my voice. Tell me what ya'll think....

• TMV World Legacy Member

Just recently recorded some demos:-

Grunge style - "I Know I" http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7831668

Pop style - "On My Knees" http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7798035

Ballad - "A Little Bruised Sometimes" http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7851259

Some peeps on other forums say I have great talent and sing like I mean it. Would anybody mind giving these songs a listen?

There just bare-bone demos and the quality is pretty rubbish but good.

Thanks. Forrest...

Hey Forrest,

I do think you have talent, although I tend to think talent = years of hard work.

To be honest, though, you've got a lot of work to do. You're singing slightly off-pitch a lot of the time, and you need to get some basic technique down (stuff like proper support, using the core of your voice, etc.). My recommendation is to find a good teacher who can help you achieve your goals. There are some good ones hanging around here, but there are other good teachers out there as well.

I say this stuff not to discourage you, but to encourage you! You can be a great vocalist who communicates powerful things to people, but you have to work at it. You're on your way, you just need to take some further steps. Let me know if I can help at all.

Josh

Forrest,

Agree with Josh. Tons of potential. Would definitely investigate support. In my opinion, most pitch problems(in your COMFORTABLE singing range) are really a matter of not supporting. Get some one on one help if you can afford it.

On the flip side...don't OVER-fret about technique. I really like the rawness that you bring! Very emotive.

• 4 weeks later...

"I know I" starts off really cool, what did "I" (Pitchy) do wrong. "feel" (Pitchy)....this is a friggen cool song...with a full band it would be incredible...

You would be a great singer for a alternative band.

not many pitch issues in "I know I " overall... just a damn good song.

"On My Knees" hard for me to keep listening in the beginning...I was not sold on what you were doing; but the more I listen to it as it goes on...its actually another good song...yes you have some minir pitch issues that could be fixed easily if doing a professional recording...What I hear is that you do not have sufficeint breath support which relates to Diaphram suspension of enough air to sing all of your words will smooth full crisp vocal sounds...it seems you fall short of getting it all aout...Again, if this was live with a awesome sound system; it would be pretty damn good.

"A little Bruised Sometimes"

I like the mystical sounds in the beginning almost spooky...the words you sing "just like that" pitchy, "its not a secret" first one was pitchy

"in a wasted life" (pitchy), playing guitar and singing, you have amatuer guitar capability, your vocals are better than your guitar playing...so I have a feeling while you are playing guitar you are missing some of the vocal focus...record your guitar seperate then sing another track with your vocals...it will be much better... "in a wasted life" (pitchy)

interesting sound effects...pretty cool stuff...a good studio recording; and fixing some of the vocal areas and pro band would give your songs the justice they deserve...

work on your voice...do vocal warm ups...you should work with a voice coach for a while so they can help you identify your shortcommings..this is best done whe they can not only hear you; but see you the way you sing...body Posture has a lot to do with how well you project..

Cool.

Byron

www.myspace.com/brtempleofsound
www.vamacoustics.com