I Believe in a Thing called Love - the Darkness

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hell yeah! All cleaned up. Man that head voice is awesome.

I'll tell you what, if we can find you a backing track:

Just sayin. Hopefully there can be more where this is coming from and this was always my favorite Darkness tune. :D

You're on, Killer. I will do it.

Whatcha say, Keith? Can you get me the backing track for this? Otherwise, it's going to take me a bit to find it. Probably a few days to a week to learn it well enough to record (I once learned five songs in 3 days for a band I was auditioning for. Learned them, blew the original vocals out of the water. They went with the original singer because he had recording equipment. That's what happens when you audition for garage bands.)

One of the things I liked about Keith's mix is that it has space in it. It feels spread out. Not so weighted down.

I had accidently saved my own mixed version and had to reverse engineer back to no effects.

This is the mix I came up with before sending stripped vocals to him.

http://dl2.dropbox.com/u/8750209/Darkness%20-%20I%20Believe%20In%20A%20Thing%20Called%20Love%202.mp3

I found it, will bit to get, but I will have soon.

That's alright. I've still got to learn this song. In the meantime, I have another song in my that I will probably ask you to mix. It will need the clean, spacy mix that you favor.

Nice job on this Ron - it suits your voice. You've got this style down. I like the mix too - balance is just right.

Are you talking about Keith's mix? He's got a clean, spacey mix. As opposed to mine, which is like the neighbor's stereo is too loud and you are forced to hear what he/she is playing.

Thanks, Geno. I think this song suits my voice and yes, the style felt comfortable.

Right now, I am working on two songs. Another clean one I came up with and "Growing on Me," per Killer's request.

I did a run through of "Growing on Me," marking the song, really. And it needs a loud dirty mix, like the original, I think. We'll see what happens.

By the way, Geno, the Keith mix and my mix after that are using my Sennheiser e835. Through a Guitarface II USB interface. No input level control. Only output level control. The only other mic control I have is in Audacity.

Archived