Name some light / lyric rock tenors?

Rate this topic

Opaa

3 minutes ago, JonJon said:

Well he was asking for LIGHT rock tenors. (I assume that stands in opposition to strong belter types)

Nothing at all "light" or "lyric" about Bon Scott lol

Im pretty sure Bon Jovi was known more as a strong belter, not really as anything "light"

Joe Elliot. Hmm, not too sure on him. Im thinking he had a good range and developed headvoice etc

I don't want to fall into the tenor vs baritone territory as I don't understand it well enough... I was referring to the original poster mentioning:  Guys with medium or light "mass" and well developed mixed voice. I believe all 3 fall under this definition. All 3 can do more aggressive singing (hey, Steve Tyler was on the OP's list...), More curious about what you guys think about Cormac Neeson and The Answer :) 

20 minutes ago, JohnnyL said:

I don't want to fall into the tenor vs baritone territory as I don't understand it well enough... I was referring to the original poster mentioning:  Guys with medium or light "mass" and well developed mixed voice. I believe all 3 fall under this definition. All 3 can do more aggressive singing (hey, Steve Tyler was on the OP's list...), More curious about what you guys think about Cormac Neeson and The Answer :) 

NP. we will agree to disagree since I would never put Jovi or Bon in the "light" or "lyric" category

On 7/19/2016 at 1:36 PM, MDEW said:

Now it is up to all PEOPLE to get other people to realize that no Government represents the feelings or politics of its peoples.

I do not want to get political here but this is a world forum. I personally would like for all of you to understand that PEOPLE want peace and deserve it. ALL people. It is not organizations that are looking out for the rights of individuals that is the problem but organizations looking out for the expansion and benefit of the organization that is the problem.

Usually, I am good at picking up on obtuse and confuscated references but this one eludes me. Well done, MDEW, you have stumped me.

47 minutes ago, ronws said:

Usually, I am good at picking up on obtuse and confuscated references but this one eludes me. Well done, MDEW, you have stumped me.

Simply put we have people fighting people, nation fighting nation, religious groups fighting religious groups NOT because People are having problems with each other but because Leaders are jockeying for position. The same people who are sending food and resources to other countries to try to help the people are being blamed for the resources not getting to the people when it is the countries leaders who stop the distribution to the people.

People want peace. Nations want power.

On 7/22/2016 at 8:27 PM, MDEW said:

Simply put we have people fighting people, nation fighting nation, religious groups fighting religious groups NOT because People are having problems with each other but because Leaders are jockeying for position. The same people who are sending food and resources to other countries to try to help the people are being blamed for the resources not getting to the people when it is the countries leaders who stop the distribution to the people.

People want peace. Nations want power.

Right but I was wondering what it had to do with a discussion on light tenors, unless it is to point out how fruitless and hair-splitting we can get trying to define it and maybe our energy is better spent fixing more pressing problems.

• 1 month later...
On 7/25/2016 at 8:03 PM, Felipe Carvalho said:

Miljenko Matijevic:

Demon :)

Amazing guy, too bad he isn't as known here in Croatia as much as out of it. I actually heard this Korean doing the song, pretty amazing.

Not sure how technically accomplished he is, but one of my favourite tenors is definitely Brad Delp.

Live, Brad Delp (RIP) of Boston sang the high parts in falsetto. And the whole band was tuned down 1/2 to 1 whole step. Not to save his voice but to be heard well in assorted live venues, such as football stadiums, which have atrocious acoustics.

I don't know of his singer training and I don't know that he had any. I forgot how he met Tom Scholz. Tom recorded this entire album in his basement with gear he collected. This debut album is the finest example of home recording. Tom was an engineer for Eastman Kodak while did all this Boston stuff. If you have ever seen the guitar effects pedal called the Power Soak, that is Tom's patent.

Brad passed away. Boston still plays now and then with a guest singer.