How's my voice?

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hey! I'm Beka. I am a beginner jazz/big band singer, and I would like to hear some constructive criticism. I have three songs loaded on my profile. Please keep in mind that I am using a headset microphone! I don't have anything else. In fact, I've never recorded a song until now. :]

Thanks!

http://www.themodernvocalist.com/profile/RebekahHall

• Administrator

You have a pretty voice Beka... I can hear you have had some training... have you done some theatery stuff? You know, a lot of what makes a singer and a song recording sound great is production... you need to get rid of the voIP internet mic and get a real mic for singers and make a real recording over some karaoke bed tracks... you can get some nice tracks from amazon.com and if you have a MAC you should be able to use "garageband" to create a real recording.

But your voice is nice... it just sounds like your singing through a Thomas Edison "talkie"...

• TMV World Legacy Member

I have wanted to do theatre for a long time. I have just joined my local Christian theatre group this year. I WAS however in a homeschool choir for... 6-7 years? Other than that, no training. I wish, though. Maybe my senior year?

Thanks for your advice! It's the same that my dad has given me. If the good Lord's willing, and the creek don't rise, (and I have enough money!) I will try to get some real recording equipment. I believe, as you probably do, that it would be a great investment.

Thanks so much!

~Beka