Got My Mojo Workin'- (a collaboration)

• TMV World Legacy Member

You're just being gracious to leave me an open line, like that, ripe for the pickin's. But, I will let it go.

No, I can't. With you exposed, your singing draws people near, but the visual image drives them away?

bad ron, bad ron ... I am weak, powerless to resist ...

I am on that highway I sing about, am I not?

:lol:

Your hell will be an eternity with failed comedians and bad jokes :lol:

By the way, I have been contacted by my cohort in this video with a request to do another one. However I am on the fence at the moment. His choices are Hoodoo Man by Junior Wells and Messin' With The Kid also by Junior Wells. I lean toward Messin With The Kid but it's still kind of blah to me. I would like to do "Trouble No More" by Muddy Waters (but more in the style of the Allman Brothers version) but can't get a good backing track. We found one that fits but it just isn't right to me. I can't find the phrasing or the right timing. Also it is too much like a "backing track." It leaves a lot of room for other instruments, guitar fills and solos etc. Too much of just a rhythm track. Boring to me....lacks excitement. We'll see....maybe we'll find something to do soon.

At the moment I am waiting for a new cable for my mic. It broke. from always being twisted as you can tell from the video. I am swinging it to unravel it and get it off of the headphone cables so as not to knock them off my head :D

How about a 3-way? You do the singing, your otro amigo does the mouth harp, and I fill in some lame attempts at a Willie Gibbons - ish type of solo and fill over it?

How about a 3-way? You do the singing, your otro amigo does the mouth harp, and I fill in some lame attempts at a Willie Gibbons - ish type of solo and fill over it?

There's an idea :) I'll have to mull the whole thing over. I have to find the right song. But you have a good idea as far as guitar goes.

For video segment, just use the pic of my dog. He is more photogenic than I am. Or, I will send you the pic of my Flying V, which is what I would plan to play on, anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

For video segment, just use the pic of my dog. He is more photogenic than I am. Or, I will send you the pic of my Flying V, which is what I would plan to play on, anyway.

Ok I swear I didn't use this late response just to bump up my video :D C'mon now....singers are cut throat and always pushing in front of the next guy. I don't believe for a minute that on any of those American Idol or X-Factor shows that the singers really care so much about the next guy. That's not how you win and that's not how you make it. So, so what if I bumped my video? :rolleyes:

Actually, I ran this by my partner in crime and at the moment he wants to keep it a duo so as not to complicate things anymore. (whatever that means). Although I have a track or two that could benefit from a guitar solo or two. Oh well. "But" that doesn't mean that down the line we can't do something or that things might progress toward that. But right now me and him are a bit at odds as far as taste and direction. Of course I know best but he just won't listen!!! :D

That's okay, Tommy. Even if I had any feelings left, they would still not be hurting.

Besides, there are way better guitar players out there. Maybe, if you sweet-talk Geno or Chavie...

Lol...you missed my point Ron ole' boy. What I said was "we aren't looking for a guitar (or any other instrument player) at the moment. He would like to do another couple of songs but remain just us too. Actually, I thought the whole thing was a bit of work so I have no problem with just harp and vocals for the moment.

So there are no feelings to be hurt. There won't be any Geno or Chavie either.... or anyone else. :D Not right now at least.

Wow, i couldn´t sit still here. What a splendid performance. I have listened to this tune. like 7 times now. This is definately on my top 5-list here on the Modern Vocalist Forum. Fantastic.