VIDEO HERE (Bob's) Magic Moments

Rate this topic

VideoHere

2 hours ago, Jeremy Mohler said:

Have I posted this before?  Man, THIS is legendary.. Tom Jones is an absolute BOSS, seriously one hell of a voice.

They're all great.  Tom Jones is all about an awesome tone and soulful richness.

Okay, so here I am, a Rock singer, but I still think this was an awesome tune....You hear this and you just feel it.  They still sound great.  A husband a wife team from Oregon!  The woman is a voice teacher these days.

Then and recent.(below)....still sound great!!

I thought you guys might get a kick out of this. This is my band Body n Soul back in like 1990 playing Gazzaris on the strip in LA.  Im the third from the left.. I was the guitar player the singer was the 2nd from left on my right. He was a monster cross between Smokey robinson and Terence trent darby and Corey Glover. I was like 22. Oh how the years have past...

IMG_2709.PNG

On 16 August 2016 at 2:00 PM, Danielformica said:

hey here is a track i just found i did a few years ago.

Any chance of making this downloadable

33 minutes ago, Danielformica said:

i don't know how to do that but ill send you a copy

There's a drop down box option for it somewhere next to the delete bin when you're in your profile. Thanks man.

19 hours ago, JonJon said:

u dig this Bob?  I just think dude had insane talent and soul. unfortunately he had that one mega hit and it turned his world upside down lol. He could have been something like the Roy Orbison of the 80s with all that soul

I have always considered this one of the greatest vocal takes of all time!!!! Not bs

14 minutes ago, Danielformica said:

I have always considered this one of the greatest vocal takes of all time!!!! Not bs

yeah, insane that he doesnt have 20 other songs that good. Then again he might, I just havent listened to his albums lol

The stars aligned on that one.

I specifically remember sitting in our 1974 Vega, on main street, in 1980 and that song came on the radio. Powerful. I was 12.

this one is somewhat close to it as far as the vibe but doesnt quite have the vocal fire

• Administrator
51 minutes ago, Danielformica said:

Ya, great vocals... when I watch this I am just reminded that it seems that its hard to find singers like this as often. It is masculine. Some where along the way in the last few years, male pop singers started sounding like whining little boys and it just doesn't appeal to me. 

How to sing in a light tenor color, without sounding like a winning little boy with no balls.

• Administrator
42 minutes ago, JonJon said:

yeah, insane that he doesnt have 20 other songs that good. Then again he might, I just havent listened to his albums lol

The stars aligned on that one.

I specifically remember sitting in our 1974 Vega, on main street, in 1980 and that song came on the radio. Powerful. I was 12.

this one is somewhat close to it as far as the vibe but doesnt quite have the vocal fire

Mmm Debra Winger... Yum... 

8 minutes ago, Robert Lunte said:

How to sing in a light tenor color, without sounding like a winning little boy with no balls.

I'll see your light tenor and raise you one, Mark Slaughter. (with Vinnie Vincent)   Just an incredible song. That being said I hated the band slaughter but I love mark on this and "Fly to the Angels"

just the whole 2nd verse is devastating....he even gets that good spit gurgle at 2:32

I remember seeing the video tie in of Love Kills for A Nightmare On Elm Street 4 and ended up getting the whole album. I end up losing the tape for some reason and for years couldn't find the album as it went out of print(and keep in mind this was before the age of the intrawebs where you can now find hard to find albums online).

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/2/2016 at 10:17 PM, JonJon said:

u dig this Bob?  I just think dude had insane talent and soul. unfortunately he had that one mega hit and it turned his world upside down lol. He could have been something like the Roy Orbison of the 80s with all that soul

I do it. Killer, challenging tune.  Still not where I want it yet. One of the few tunes that went to number 1 TWICE!

Jon, we tend to like the same guys (Daniel too).  Check this out..a Roy Orbison cover:

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, Jeremy Mohler said:

Saw him live twice Bob, he is indeed an amazing musician.  My favorite was always "Crimson and Clover" though. :) 

Oh sure, every friggin' song was great.  Here's a tune I'm working on...

Man what a great tune from Burton Cummings (The Guess Who).  You younger guys may have missed this one:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Can't believe I'm only posting in this thread now. All I have to say is...this guy. From 5:02 to 5:40. I synced up the video to start playing at 5:02. I lost like 2 hours last night because I was on YouTube and I came to realize this guy is doing weekly acoustic covers in his house, while broadcasting live. He sings a Whitney Houston song in the original key, does a Prince song while reading the words off a screen, taking requests live. He does all this, while playing the piano. It was really hard to choose just one, but I really like the energy in this segment. Then, at the end, of the video, he says he thinks that was the first  time he played it and sang it at the same time. He's a god.

By the way, he also does The Bee Gees, Journey, The Beatles, Billy Joel, Elvis, and I think I saw Willie Nelson there. I know there are some fans. of those guys here. The Bee Gees cover is, wooooooooooooo!

8 hours ago, Robert Lunte said:

Yes, I have heard of Brian McNight... he is great!

I get reminded of that clip of that guy you had in the TVS studio and he was playing the keyboard like the keyboard was plugged into him, and singing. Then you jokingly said it didn't sound like he had been doing that for all of his life. 

He's got that same ability too. A classically-trained pianist who learned Jazz and Gospel styles by-ear, on-the-fly, and lots of other things.