Acoustic covers

• TMV World Legacy Member

I thought it would be fun to do a series of acoustic covers of favorite songs in different genres that I like to sing in.

First off I upload a take on Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins from the Top Gun soundtrack. This is a cheesy tune, yes indeed!

http://www.box.net/shared/2h5k928rgt

I think that I sound a little whiny at times, what do you guys think?

Suggestions in general are welcomed warmly!

Sounds pretty good... but the mix is a bit weird... you sound like your a long ways away from the microphone and a bit too much reverb... but I think its cool... nice singing.

You are spot on! I was singing a bit away from the mic and i thought I'd get away with it.. Ha! You got me. I really need to get myself a pop filter so that I can move closer. I would like to know, how the sound is affected from singing a bit from the microphone versus getting up close?

I am actually really lazy when it comes to sound production in general. I ususally end up using some standard presets in cubase for reverb on the vocals. Really not knowing exactly what Im aiming for..suggestions?

• Administrator

Im always in a learning process with home recording as well... coincidentally will be installing ProTools 8 today to my home system... Im not the one to ask on this... go to one of the several home recording discussions here on the forum and reach out to some of the other TMV Forum Athletes...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I have a backing track of a song called Lights by Journey which I think would suit your voice so well and I wil email it to you if you like, would be a cool track to add to this forum.

Just let me know:cool: