"Black Night" - cover of song Deep Purple

Rate this topic

As usual, constructive criticism is welcome.

If you listen and like it, but don't have any criticism, it also ok to say that!

The last few tracks I posted here were Iron Maiden covers. For this one I tried on some Ian Gillan for size. This was recorded from the ground up by me and my friends on www.musicianscollaboration.com. We had a keyboard player lined up when we started the project, but he had to jump ship part way through the project, so I think the guitarist (Henry Mittnacht) made a brave and succcesful attempt to fill the space. :)

It's an iconic song, and is one of the songs that got me into rock music in the first place, back in the mists of time.

Perhaps I am more Gillan than Dickenson. Maybe I am just me (Ronws would say that if I don't get in first).

Now that you mention it, I hear some similarities of tone to Gillan, more than I hear of Dickinson. And you would think my head full of useless trivia would be able say whether Gillan or Dickinson were from the Black Country, as you are. And I have read their histories and bios and those facts escape me, just now. So, I can't say whether regional dialect lends a similarity, or not.

And, yes, you are George Williams, the one and only, a blessed event in the pantheon that covers the spread of all the arts. Rejoice that there is no other you. I dub thee King George, Majesty of the Realm. Not just commander, like all the other brits that get knighted for their service to king and country. May the sun never set on the empire of George.

Good stuff, George. Consider me a fan.

You can't do no wrong with me George. I believe that you are a gifted musician . Looking forward to working with you a lot more

Tony, you are just plain awesome. You are 3 times the guitar player I ever was or ever will be. And that is not fake humility, just a statement of fact, like, the sun rose today.

I envy the relationship you had George have. It reminds me of the collab my brother, slstone and I did on "Heaven on their Minds." He played all the instruments except drums, which were programmed as he didn't have a drum kit at the house.

Me, I just sing and play guitar just well enough to come up with simple arrangements to accompany myself.

Together, you guys make magic.

Man, one of the best things Ive heard around here. Surprised me.

Nailed the whole thing, and this song, although I know many consider easy, actually is easy to (*auto edit*) up, awesome delivery of the dynamics and the interpretation.

More purple guys! Ever considered Knocking at your Back Door? :)

I dont hear anything that actually compromises the delivery.