"Dolphin's Cry" by "Live"

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hey guys!

I've been trying to learn the guitar for a few months now. I have no real intention of becoming any good, I just want to be able to play for fun at parties and such :P I'm sorry there's no strumming pattern, it distracts me too much with my current guitar playing skill level :rolleyes:. Also I just have one microphone, so that would explain the low volume of the guitar.

I chose this one as it's sort of a cult favorite where I live. We had this one famous singer do this in a reality tv show in america, a while back and so the song became famous here as a result.

The original has the capo on the second fret, but I went with the first fret as I liked it more that way. Plus, I have to sit down and sort of lean over the guitar to see where I place my fingers.. Resulting in a worse posture than normal :) There are a few words misplaced and a few might even be mispronounced. I know you're not supposed to make any excuses, but I thought you should know this before you judge me for poor posture :) This is more of a one take thing with me playing around. I really just want to know whether you liked it or not. By the way, I finally found a way to get rid of the buzzing noise that has plagued most of my recordings!

Link: https://soundcloud.com/hordurar/dolphins-cry

TLDR; Do you like it?

• TMV World Legacy Member

Let me get all Guitar George on you and say, quit making excuses. When you tell people to expect failure, they will find it for you.

Of course, they will find it for you, anyway. And sometimes, not. I don't know the song so I don't know if the falsetto flip is part of the song. So, I listened to your cover of "Karma," which was quite good and you didn't flip into falsetto there.

Nothing wrong with falsetto. You had good pitch. And you would not be the first to re-key a song for a better effect. That is totally allowed and cool and should be done. I think the goal should be good singing, not just maximum range.

I checked out your page and found out you are from Iceland. Our other member, Jonpall, is also from Iceland, though I think he has moved to another country, now.

That's cool. Awesome voices from the frozen north.