Bed of roses and Money talks

• TMV World Legacy Member

well don't get confused with moving the sound back into your throat, if you do that you are letting go of the resonance and compression. I think what Jamie means is you compress the chords more (check out the hum listed by Mr. Robert Lunte on youtube). The sound doesn't travel back into your throat, you have to have a balance between the compression of the chords and your narrowing of the throat when twanging AS WELL AS the placement in the mask. If you let off the gas as you go up to focus on the back of the throat you slip back into a more operatic and hollow sound. Keep that forward placement and twang the chords more, you'll have a "pingy" sound and the ability to distort. ALSO the passaggio becomes easier because the twanged sound isn't too thick so as to get trapped in chest voice. I think the hard part about understanding singing these higher rock pitches is getting the compression of the chords by twanging and placement in the mask, it's a back and forward feeling at the same time so it's very contradictory imo.

OK i listend and just want to know why did you try to copy ACDC/Bryan Johnsons style of singing when your own voice sounds cool and would of made the song sound so much better and by just adding a little grit here and there would of made it jump out in your face, now Bonjovi songs are always open for the critics to look for flores but instead of copying and trying to sound like Jon Bonjovi you made the song your own by singing it your way and it was cool. :cool:

Imporfections make us sound perfect and it's what rock n roll is all about

Thanks for the comments on the Bon Jovi song. That was cool. I actually tried to sing the AC/DC songs using that same style as in Bed of roses but I had such a hard time doing it (me being a beginner) that I switched in mid-take into a more Brian Johnson on-a-bad-day falsetto gravelly sound just to make it through the song :) . Then I did a few other takes with that sound and picked the best one. My goal IS actually to be able to sing those AC/DC songs with a similar sound as in my Bed of roses recording.