Tell me what you think........

• TMV World Legacy Member

Have a listen to the few tracks I've upoaded and let me know what you think. be harsh and to the point.

They were done a few years ago and my first go at singing for 28-29 years or so..... done on a mate's little recorder on my kitchen table, whiskey in one hand, ciggie (The bad old days:() in the other and a mic strapped to a plant holder.............

You wont hurt me 'cos I've already decided to get back singing proper.. and I am learning a shed-full of Jazz/Swing stuff to go out and do a sort of Tribute show..... a lot different style to my Rock days of many moons ago..............

Anyway have a listen and be cruel

Warm regards to all

Don

Your voice has a very pleasing sound and you're spot on pitch. Like analog said, you really own that style of singing. I liked it a lot. Very professional sounding and something you could listen to over and over. Cheers!

Thanks jonpall and analog.....much appreciated......so wierd though that for many years people said I should concentrate on Soul/Motwon.now they say Swing......... but I love singing and hopefully I am improving ---- even at the age of 57.....

Thanks again to you both

Warm wishes

Don:)

Wow Don! You are good! the way you wrote the first post you had me fooled! :D You are a professional my man! I am not into swing music much but i really liked your voice!

Fahim

Ashique M. Fahim
Instrumental Rock Guitarist
www.reverbnation.com/ashiquemfahim
http://www.youtube.com/user/kalapoka666
www.myspace.com/amfahim
www.facebook.com/iamfahim

• TMV World Member

Don: These other posters are right... you have this tunes down very well. Its enjoyable to listen to. Nice swing style. I'd be surprised if anyone here would be cruel with the pipes you've got.

There are some things that I'd like to hear you add to these recordings... a little bit more presence in the mix. They are just a leeeetle bit too mellow. It may be that your amp EQ is just a shade soft in the 2800 to 3200 range, but 6 or 9 dB boost there would bring some sparkle to the mix, and also would bring your voice just a bit forward from the accompanyment.

Alternatively, you could accomplish the same thing by adding just a smidgen of twang. Not much, just a touch will add the boost that I think would be benficial.

At any rate, this is good stuff. I know the original recordings (David Clayton Thomas, Sinatra, et al) and you sing them at a very professional level. Congrats, and welcome to TMV. Post some more, would you?

Best Regards, Steven Fraser