Two new Covers Pantera and Judas Priest

• TMV World Legacy Member

Hi All

I thought i'd add these two tracks and see if i can get some honest feedback I love these songs and have gone out of my way to make them my own rather than trying to sound like the original.

Please let me know what you think and if you have any feedback on the vocals (my band slapped these together using Cubase on my laptop in our rehersal studio. ;)

You can find these tracks on my profile here at The Modern Vocalist

would love to, where is your links. or if you can give me the link to your profile page, woud be great, long time i didn't hear someone singing Pantera!

they are there strange :/ ? anyway try this http://www.gunmetalgrey.co.uk/SONG_PAGE.htm enter the sandman is there but it isn't a very good vocal effort as at the time i didn't know the song to well and was reading the lyrics as i went there's also some videos of my band live.

so whats wrong with the link i put on here??? it go's to my bands website and it works fine http://www.gunmetalgrey.co.uk/SONG_PAGE.htm how many times do i have to add this and i don't like speedyshare.com every time i've tried it for any links added here it always f%&ks up lol :lol:

http://www.gunmetalgrey.co.uk/SONG_PAGE.htm or there's always

http://www.gunmetalgrey.co.uk/SONG_PAGE.htm or try http://www.gunmetalgrey.co.uk/SONG_PAGE.htm

and not forgetting that they are on my profile ....... or do the admin have to aprove them first .... velcome to Stallag 17 (aka zee Modern Vocalist) vee vill makes you veeerrrry comfffeee lmao :P

the link takes you straight to the songs page and they are all there no hunting the net or serching around scouts honore and all that lol

My experience is that people are doing million things on the Internet and doing it very fast - they don't really have time to check out stuff that doesn't have a direct link to it. Sorry, just a cold hard fact :) Also, linking to your profile sometimes require people to log in with their user id and password - again, takes too much time for people that are browsing as fast as they can :) And using myspace to show people audio files often works very slow on many computers. I also feel that that site and many others are prone to viruses and I don't like to browse those sites too much for that reason. Just my opinion.

well what a load of tot lol, my site has no viruses no logging in it's open to the public as thats how we get our bookings but i'll tell you what i'll do ........ i'll leave this website as it seems if your songs aren't on a scerton site to play then no one will listen very snobish if you ask me!

so this is goodby from me and to all those so called singers on here baring a few give up you are terrible and i mean crap take up brick laying as you'll never be good at singing.

ciao for ever.

Exactly, Snax. Maybe leaving is best for both parties. Seventh, I was only trying to help you because I've had the same experience - in the past I've tried getting people to take a look at various stuff and they didn't, because I didn't give a direct link. It's the same everywhere, not just on this web site. Also, if you're going to this touchy - you'll never be good at singing. Your career will be short if you can't take the heat from people from time to time. And this isn't even "heat", silly. But you're obviously a pretty young kid so hopefully you'll grow out of it with time. Cheers, man.

hey seventhfear calm down, it's just a matter of links lol....

Now on your singing, you're singing quite well but to me seems like pushing too hard, especially on cowboys from hell. Seems like you were running out of breath.

You should try to do it your own way and not imitate Anselmo's vocal.

And above all, with skills you've got, you can't tell they're only so called singers here, so many here just sing better than you.

Too bad you're so quick to give some criticize on others singing and can't just wait a little to get comments for your singing. Maybe too much of a diva ego?...

SeventhFear, the link you gave didn't work for me before, but now it does. I thought your version of Cowboys from hell (Pantera is one of my favorite metal bands) was splendid! You are a very good singer in my opinion. Not perfect (pretty much no one is) but very, very good. If you have a good vocal exercise program I suggest you keep doing it and listen very carefully and with critique to your recordings, on a regular basis. Loved the grit in your voice, also. If you took the head out of your ass I'm sure you'll have lots of succes. Just kidding ... actually having your head placed there is actually a common trait for the egomaniacs that are singers so maybe you're on the right track, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

My first impression of you was from reading your critiques of others. But I found this thread so that I could hear you. Decent rendition of "Turbo Lover" and "Cowboys from Hell." Both of those you sang in lower registers and I thought maybe you were a baritone who could do a vocal fry in high pitch. I wasn't sure you could do tenor. Then I watched the live video of "It's My Life." The sound quality of that live recording is, of course, crappy compared to the song links but it was the better performance, in my opinion. More importantly, I can tell that you don't sound like Jon bon Giovanni, which is good. You sounded similar at times but not a match. That is your strength, a distinctive sound. While I agree that singing a song your own way is the way to go, many of us started seriously working on our singing because we admired an already popular singer.

I know how that goes. In 1987, I got married to my first wife and "Appetite for Destruction" came out. "Welcome to the Jungle" was getting some limited airplay. "Sweet Child of Mine" blew up like a hydrogen bomb and it inspired me to want to become a better singer. Even though I do not sound like Axl Rose. In fact, when I sing the song, I re-arrange some parts to fit my voice better, while I still sing it in the original range. My greatest mistakes have come from trying to sound like Axl. But you have to start somewhere.

You also have better equipment. For most of my time of uploading music, I had just a little digital camera that is dwarfed by my own hand and it has been the equivalent of singing into a soup can with a string. Second thought, the soup can has better range and volume response.

My goal is to have my own sound with the range of Rob Halford and the humility and grace of Ronnie James Dio (RIP 1942 - 2010).