Be brutal!!... spured on by Steven Fraser...8 tracks uploaded........

Rate this topic

I spent 5 hours recording these songs today on a borrowed Zoom machine. I have my first gig in August and I am rehearsing a Swing Set... all new to me.......... this is my way of practicing..... record them...slate them....improve them (Hopefully :))

Thank you Steven for giving me the urge to do this.....

Warm wishes from Wales:)

Don

I really like tracks 10, 6, and 5. You seem to have a great feel for this style. It was a pleasure to listen to. The only thing I didn't like about Leroy Brown is that I'm not sold on the vocal effects you're using on that song...

Yeah... not much of a critique here.. guys more knowledgeable about this style might be able to give you some tips, but... they sound really good to me...

Have a greeeeaaaaattt shoooowwww.. as they say. :)

I really like tracks 10, 6, and 5. You seem to have a great feel for this style. It was a pleasure to listen to. The only thing I didn't like about Leroy Brown is that I'm not sold on the vocal effects you're using on that song...

Yeah... not much of a critique here.. guys more knowledgeable about this style might be able to give you some tips, but... they sound really good to me...

Have a greeeeaaaaattt shoooowwww.. as they say. :)

I had the same reaction. 8 and 7 seemed either too present, and not present enough, and then things equalized out. Maybe it was a bit of time to get into your 'comfortable' zone. Anyway, the numbers 6-1 all sounded great. Good recording quality, balance, presence... the issues I mentioned in the post last week were all resolved.

One of the songs seemed just bit too low to be optimum, but overall, nicely done. I enjoyed listening to your casual, authentic club swing style.

Thanks everyone for giving your opinions..............I agree ---- and should have said initially about the sound --- I haven't worked out how to get a good vocal sound out of this deck yet.........Leroy Brown..........I am as suprised as you are.....haven't got a clue where that wierd vocal sound came from........ I will investigate.......

Thanks again for you honesty

Don