Snax singing Hells Bells by AC/DC

• TMV World Legacy Member

Decided to try out a new sound for my voice since my sinus surgery and tonsillectomy not long ago. I could never sing this style before so this is exciting new territory.Let me know how I'm doing gang!

http://files.me.com/muskysnax/z2zi4o.mp3

"GIDDYUP!"

Sounds spot on bother! The hardest part for me is blending that twanged falsetto down into upper mid range w/out very obvious shift. Cheers.

Thanks bro! I have the same trouble trying to maintain that tone in the upper mids. The really high parts are actually easier which might surprise a lot of people who don't sing this style. I really want to master this type of voice and then I'll have a much more complete rock voice.

"GIDDYUP!"

Yep. That coordination loves the top of the voice...not so much the lower. You really have to map out what you're gonna do before hand when going down(at least I do.) This is also where you can"lean on" the sound equip to do the work for you.

Alternatively, of course...you can really throttle it in a heavier coordination and it sounds pretty damn cool too :)

Funny you should mention the throttling down in a heavier coordination because I had to do exactly that in a couple of parts! That high pitched stuff works great for certain Judas Priest songs too such as Painkiller or the chorus of Devil's Child.

"GIDDYUP!"

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks bro! I have the same trouble trying to maintain that tone in the upper mids. The really high parts are actually easier which might surprise a lot of people who don't sing this style. I really want to master this type of voice and then I'll have a much more complete rock voice.

I totally get that. I've hit a Halford note easier than mid-tenor part of "Stairway to Heaven." I finally got through that by not trying to sing like Robert Plant but sing it like I sing.

Great tone and I'm glad that, especially as you hit the high end, you did not try to sound like either Bon Scott or Brian Johnson. Your purity of note makes for a better effect, in my opinion.

• 1 month later...