i've been working on my pitch since last i posted. just checkin in

• TMV World Legacy Member

http://www.singsnap.com/snap/r/c311557cd

http://www.singsnap.com/snap/r/bf11af1e2

I please welcome any and all constructive critique of my songs. I have a huge range and am able to reproduce almost any voice. if you have any requests, chances are i can produce for you right away.

Thanks,

Michael W. Pendland II

aka WOOFERINE

"I'm no jive-ass turkey, I'm a THRIVE-ass turkey!"

I think you have a coolvoice kindo reminds me of jamesblunt, youve got that ease to you highnotes and you just "float" through your whole range, this is a good thing.

I would really love to hear you singout some song, youknow when you go for it with a little more volume. I do think your voice suited those songe great how would it sound if you sung in a similar style to this?

This song is a bitch so im not implying you should sing this entrie pieace, but if you can I will never forgive you. Just kidding but i would love to hear how your voice sounds in a simlilar way of singing :P

http://www.singsnap.com/snap/r/c112cc3b0

http://www.singsnap.com/snap/r/bdbde6ea

http://www.singsnap.com/snap/r/cb1033b5e

Thanks for the listen and review friend. Here are a few more belted or volumed tunes. Are you a vocalist? toss some links my way brother...

I liked the first track you put up the best, both the song and how your vocals turned out there where some pitch issue here and there but I think you will sort it out.

You throw in alot of wails in the song wich is nice and I think suits the song but it's almost exclusivly then you get abit pitchy, a tip you can do is songmap(take out what notes you sing) your wails and train the seperatly with a piano so you are 100% sure your hitting the keys.

This is a great way to really nail those wails because you work it into the musclememory and the voice will be adjusted to the very fast pitchchanges and not throw you slighly off. :D

You got a radiofriendly voice wich is easy to listen to keep it up :P

Yepp im a vocalist, i was just in the studio recording a demo for my band so il probably post that when we get the mixes done.

Hi,

Jens has some good advice. I would add that you have a nice tone and it is unique. There are some pitch issues and I would recommend taking some lessons in foundational techniques. In your second set of examples it sounds (to me) a bit throaty and like you're pushing to get to the notes. How does it feel? Good luck!

Michele

I liked the first track you put up the best, both the song and how your vocals turned out there where some pitch issue here and there but I think you will sort it out.

You throw in alot of wails in the song wich is nice and I think suits the song but it's almost exclusivly then you get abit pitchy, a tip you can do is songmap(take out what notes you sing) your wails and train the seperatly with a piano so you are 100% sure your hitting the keys.

This is a great way to really nail those wails because you work it into the musclememory and the voice will be adjusted to the very fast pitchchanges and not throw you slighly off. :D

You got a radiofriendly voice wich is easy to listen to keep it up :P

Yepp im a vocalist, i was just in the studio recording a demo for my band so il probably post that when we get the mixes done.

Thanks sooo much for the advice. I think i'll give songmapping a shot. Can't wait to hear your stuff bro.

WOOF!

Hi,

Jens has some good advice. I would add that you have a nice tone and it is unique. There are some pitch issues and I would recommend taking some lessons in foundational techniques. In your second set of examples it sounds (to me) a bit throaty and like you're pushing to get to the notes. How does it feel? Good luck!

Michele

I appreciate the suggestion. As a vocalist having recieved NO formal trainging, Foundational techniques and songmapping are both unfamiliar to me, but with the help of Google i think i should be able to figure it out. Where might i find some samples of your work Michele? Thanks

Woof!

I know how criticism feels. So, like I do with crews that I am in charge of, I prefer to reinforce the good stuff when I see it.

Your best sound on a first listen was "Inside Out" by Eve 6. Especially the first half of the song. I think you got to excited and went off pitch later because you were so into it and missed the tonal cues of the backing track. It's happened to me a few times. Usually, I go sharp when I can't hear the music and I'm caught up in the lyric and melody.

I know how criticism feels. So, like I do with crews that I am in charge of, I prefer to reinforce the good stuff when I see it.

Your best sound on a first listen was "Inside Out" by Eve 6. Especially the first half of the song. I think you got to excited and went off pitch later because you were so into it and missed the tonal cues of the backing track. It's happened to me a few times. Usually, I go sharp when I can't hear the music and I'm caught up in the lyric and melody.

Yeah, upon second listen, i caught that pitch flat, AND, i think your explanation is exactly what happened. Great ear ya got there. I don't know if it was intentional but I LOVE the proverb. WOOF!

Yeah, upon second listen, i caught that pitch flat, AND, i think your explanation is exactly what happened. Great ear ya got there. I don't know if it was intentional but I LOVE the proverb. WOOF!

I've been singing a while and I noticed these things in myself. As in, been there, done that.

As for the proverb in my sig, that has to do with the history of my favorite breed of dog. My favorite breed is Siberian Husky. My dog is a mix of Siberian Husky and Lab, mostly Siberian.

Short history lesson.

The chukchi people of far northeastern Siberia have bred for almost 3,000 years a dog known as the chukchi dog. During the end of the 19th century, Russia took over control of those provinces but they had a hard time pronouncing chuckchi words. Instead, they would say huskya (hoosk-yuh). Americans, such as Leonard Seppala (founder of the Seppala line) were part of the later trade routes between the alaskan territory and Siberia, sailing across the Bering Sea. Well, he another americans couldn't pronounce huskya, so they said husky. Since the dog came from Siberia, it became known as the Siberian Husky.

The proverb I quote is one of the central beliefs of the chukchi people. If you care well for your dogs then they wait to pull your sled to heaven when you pass away. It's a quaint way of saying "What goes around, comes around. You get as you give."

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

thanks for the point! Sorry, moved across Canada in March and have been renovating since I've been here...Just noticed this question. You can find some of my work on my website: http://web.me.com/michelepothier

Hope you like it! :)