Me singing the jazz classic "Black Coffee"

Rate this topic

• Administrator

Hi Marilen:

Nice, smokey. You have a nice intrument, with some training, it could be a joy to hear in any jazzy lounge on a friday night.

I would watch the pitch at the beginning of the song... with a jazzy song like this, you have to dial into the pitch more carefully then a pop or rock song generally speaking because the voicings have 5ths, 7ths, 9ths, etc.. in them.

You have a voice that could be great. Do you have any training materials, books, dvds, a teacher?

Marilen: The laid-back jazz style you are employing is just fine, however, I found myself wanting to hear just a bit more tone from you through most of the song. Right near the end, when the other voice (pianist?) joins you, you increased the volume to a level that seems more engaged and compelling. It made me wish that you'd employed that intensity of tone more often through the song.

Thanks, I'm working on that one ;) The song is just a little to low for me, but again, I'm working on it :) but

Marilen: The laid-back jazz style you are employing is just fine, however, I found myself wanting to hear just a bit more tone from you through most of the song. Right near the end, when the other voice (pianist?) joins you, you increased the volume to a level that seems more engaged and compelling. It made me wish that you'd employed that intensity of tone more often through the song.