Trying to improve.

Rate this topic

Why wait until I get good enough to post? :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41uHlc2r_QI

I finally recorded myself and then sat through a cringing session of review. Tell me where I should be headed, Crit as harshly as possible & point me in the right direction, thanks!

My advice may not be worth as much as a wooden nickel. You have an nice tone in your voice. Even when you do a falsetto tone, it's good. You went off pitch on some of the higher notes and I think, for what it's worth, that it is because of forming the words, specifically the vowels forward in your mouth. Try singing it while smiling. Not because we want to see you smile, which would be great, but because it will change where you resonate, by causing the words to form in the back of your mouth. Also, I think, your pitch will get better after you have done this song a number of times, mainly because, by then, you won't have to stop and refer to the sheet music. That is, flowing along will change everything.

You've got a nice quality to your voice and you are singing in the passagio area (F#) nice and relaxed. One easy way to improve your voice quality is by smiling while you sing. Most of the time your cheeks don't look energized. If you energize your face by smiling it would add instant brightness. Those really high parts you are singing in fallseto could be sung in full voice if you want. Maybe you want to sing that in fallseto, but if not you can learn to extend your upper range to do that. Also, you may want to try recording your guitar alone and then practicing your vocal without playing your guitar. Seems like you might be distracted by the guitar part. You can always do both together, but isolating the voice lets you concentrate on improving the voice.