Aerosmith - Dream On Short Excerpt

Rate this topic

So i had a flash in my head that i want to cover Dream On so i randomly took my cellphone and recorded a minute of me singing the song.

Just wanted your opinion guys about how this sounds, i tried to add a bit grit to it which i dont ussualy do.

Tell me what you think and any tips maybe for me to improve before it goes into full version <3

Thanks all!!!!

https://app.box.com/s/8gzeld1eefmxjnvv174vp4t4qx8fwgdt

P.S. Lyrics are wrong in some places. I didnt hear that song for a while and it hit me suddenly so i didnt really check it ;P

P.S. Delay and Reverb used just so it doesent sound so bland ;P (and to cover possible mistakes xD)

It sounds awesome Elvis! As you said yourself once in another post that You were a sort of beginner in singing, may I humbly suggest that you start working in this song with clean vocals, and then add grit as you like it? Just because if you start adding grit when you are still working on a balanced voice and muscles, you may end up using it as a crutch to sing the high notes. Please don't get me wrong, you sounded really good already man. I can't wait to hear the final version. Keep on Rocking!

Nice one, Elvis. I think this is the first I heard from you.

I had a few covers before. Most notable Stevie Ray Vaughan and for all of me challenge now.

And thanks all for kind words :)

Tight, dude. What phone adds reverb/delay to the recording?

Samsung galaxy s4 mini > upload to box.net > download on pc > run thru Cubase 5 > share on TMV...

XD but i phone has Garageband that does the effects

Also Caustic 3 is absolutely awesome DAW for androids

Tried recording it today...i failed horribly. I oversang the first part of the song and i really had a hard time with the consonant filled chorus. Gonna sleep on it and try again tomorrow xD

Agree with what Gneetap said and i think i hear high larynx at 18" and dampened larynx on the next few notes. Try to make a released natural sound and stabilise the vibrato on the held note. Also going thinner isnt a shame, it also adds to the atmosphere of the song instead full voice, chest-dragging, high-low larynx and etc. The simpler the better. Oh and by the way, very nice singing!

Killer tone!
I envy guys like you :D Even if you sing sour it still sounds awesome!

Will be very interesting to hear how you will develop your higher register. My guess is that you will end up sounding something along the lines of this: >

Great potential!

Killer tone!

I envy guys like you :D Even if you sing sour it still sounds awesome!

Will be very interesting to hear how you will develop your higher register. My guess is that you will end up sounding something along the lines of this:

>

Great potential!

Wow bro!! Coming from such an awesome singer like yourself that means ALOT! 

Thanks for your compliments, it truly warms my heart (and cords :P)!!

I think we are witnessing the merger between a great voice and a great singing technique

And some better gear, too, in a few, when he gets a chance to record it again with a mic that will have some good response.