Rate this topic

Hi guys! I'm Rodrigo again.

I hadn't been training due  flu I had and now I started again.
As you may guess, I'm a begginer and I have tons of ideas and questions. This one is really cool, and you will see why.

I found out that the FBR is awesome but it has tons of information and for the part-time musician, it is critical to know what to practice in order to make more productive sessions. I've been playing gutiar for 15 years now, and also I play a lot of styles (classical, rock, acoustic, percusive, etc) and the key to progress and still have fun is to have goals. I mean, personal, realistic and short-terms goals that you can acomplish in a few weeks or months and then move on to another thing. Set a new goal, and keep moving.

Now that I'm into singing, I can have practice sessions for 45 min 5 to 7 times a week. Some of them even until 1 hour. So I was doing this things to get better in things that I need to get better now. I do this:

---Resonant tracking
1 T&T Slow then Fast 2 T&R the same way and 3 R&R only fast
---Support training: Robert's excercises and a few more that I've been doing since I took classical lessons, more focused to feeling the awearness of the support process ( really easy ones, but gives awesome results)
---Onsets
Well there is a lot here in the book. I have to get more compression, and I tend to sing with a lot of dark overtones amplified. And an excess of these does not sound well for me.
What do I do? The following: Q&R since F3 to F3 (Sometimes G4 or A4, if I can do them without push, pain or constrictions) and I repeat 2 times that onset in every note, except for Db4 to E4, when I repeat 4 times the onset. I do this because my bridge is around those notes. And Robert says we have to practice those notes harder because those are the difficult ones (and I is so true!). Then I follow with a few attemps of A&R. If it is too hard for me, I don't do it. I listen to my body.
After that, I do edging onsets in the same range, maybe 2 times per note. Sometimes 3.
---Sirens
Well, not too much to say here. I do melodic 5th as Robert show us. Two times, at least, focusing on Q&R onset and some of T&R. I don't go too high, at least not for now.

I hope my way to train this can inspire you to think and organize your practice schedule if you're not doing it now.

For the most advanced TVS people... how do you practice the FBR? Do you think I'm doing it right?

Rock-on!

Hey Rodrigo, I just saw this come in... 

I really admire that you are building your own routines... that is a big part of the most recent version of "4Pillars", is to teach students how to take the method and ideas and build your own routines... I remind you:

• Look at the training routines in the back of the book for each of the Onsets.
  • Look at the Resonant vowel modification formulas x/y intercept graphs in the back of the book, for your sirens.
  • REALLY Understand what the Acoustic Modes are... it is critical that you know the vowels; how they resonate, their sound colors and if they are open or narrow!
  • Work with the training tables in the back of the book that are there for all 60 workouts.
  • Notice that after the "Onsets & Octave Sirens" routine in the back of the book, there is a supplemental, "Quick Start" routine... this is critical that you see this... 
  • Use the guide files for each workout so you can quickly learn how it starts and stops.
  • Be sure to watch all the "Robert demonstrations" of each workout as well.

... but my short answer is... SEE THE "QUICK START" ROUTINE... that is immediately after the Onsets & Sirens table...

Also, send me an email, Ill give you the update to the ebook... its all done now... designed and pretty... all 616 pages of it... 

Lastly, in the coming weeks... MORE great stuff!!!  The training routines will become even more and more clear... I'm working on the final push of "Pillars" right now that is going to blow people's minds... truly, it will be unlike anything anyone has seen before.

Hi Rodrigo, I'm new to Four Pillars also. I'm just starting to get myself organized for a practice routine. Thanks for the inspiration. - Annie

This is a topic that is designed for clients of "The Four Pillars of Singing" to share training ideas and routines. Use this to share your ideas and discoveries regarding the TVS method and training ideas to help each other.

Get The TVS Quick Hit 20 Minute Routine Here! 

Must Be A TVS Student / Show Proof of Purchase of "4Pillars"

CLICK HERE >>>

Elvis, Greg, Tim, Rodrigo, Musickant, Other TVS/Pillars Clients... 

Will you guys try to rally in here... and help out Annie on how you have used the content in the FBR to get efficient, what onsets helped you the most, vowels, acoustic modes, your personal routines... it would be REALLY great if you guys could share what you have learned, in particular, how to take the content and simplify things a bit... 

Can I ask you guys to share what you have learned and your "top 5 things" to consider when training "4Pillars"? I think it would be really epic... for everyone.

Thus... I created a new topic in "The Four Pillars of Singing (TVS)" forum to allow you guys to share your "best practice" TVS routines and discoveries... I hope this will keep discussions about The Foundation Building Routine and your own routines and ideas for getting the most out of "The Four Pillars of Singing" all in one place where clients can find it. Let's share knowledge and ideas here... I'm still discovering new things about the method and program every day myself!

CLICK HERE >>>

​Hi! Well, you read what Robert posted. We should start posting there our opinions. I will explain myself better tomorrow in the topic Robert created. But, just as and advance, I think the most important thing here is that you should understeand the whole material and try to know what skill you need the most right now. In my case, it is vocal fold compression and fix my tendency to use too much the dark overtones. So Q&R and edging vowels for now.

I will post what I understeand with more details tomorrow in the other topic. Please go there and we will continue the conversation.

I'm glad my training is inspiring someone. Maybe you will do that for me later if I feel down or lazy!

Personally for mecits crucial to do 30-40 min of resonant tracking. It really makes all the difference. AWESOME warmup. I just recently got in a band (buddy and me, 2 guitars and me on vocals) for summer gigging and when i actually do it it changes everything. I was able to sing 2-3 hours consistently. 

After that sirens and onsets is the game changer. Its simple enough to explain but tricky to execute properly. But if you do and understand why and how, its monster.

Yes, Rodrigo, please post your question in that other forum I created.

Thanks.

Simple, but effective Elvis, yes... I typically do the same thing, but add in some belt workouts on top of that, resistance onsets.

i have found that if i do a little bit of the "its the la" exersize from ken before i start the tvs resonet tracking it helps me to buzz better and eliminate choking. After i finish the resonet tracking exercises I do them again, then again, then again and again and again until i feel flexible and free. I then go onto sirens first i just do 5ths the i move on to the full octave, i do this until the passagio is smooth. After that I do some contract and release onsets and attack and release onsets. then i start singing easy songs and work my way up to harder stuff. thats my typical routine

btw I find it really anoying that I cant use spell check on this forum like i could on the previous one, its pretty obvious i need it ha ha. whenever I right click to get the word I ment to spell it just pops up a thing that says paste.....

Cool, thanks for your contribution Jarom... 

I'm working on the spell check feature, I noticed the same thing... we'll fix that.

Well i simply do resonant tracking long enough until i feel like my voice is agile. In the morning this takes longer ussualy. Also to get feeling of it try singing  a hard song for you just a few hard phrases and then do Resonant tracking for 15min then try singing it again. Repeat until you feel sstisfied. 

So after warm up when you are ready i ussualy take one of two aproaches. And thats Top Down training (sirens and workout with heavy use of quack and release and dampen and release and wind and release) or resistance training (attack and release , contract and release).  I dont like to combine both aproaches together, it kinda puts me off balance. So i pick one and work i that day. 

Then i sing. If im in the mood for some queensryche or judas priest or any pop songs i do top down that day. But if i feel like some deep purple heavy belting i just do some resistance work that day. But thats just me.

Also whatever you are doing after warm up follow the preffered components. Embouchure, breath support and managment, vowel modification, consonant modificaton, tounge position, mental imagery, resonance placement etc.

For this works wonders. Im a bit busy lately with college, work, and a new acoustic band i got into but im gonna post something veeeery soon show off my progress. Im actualy able to sing stuff evenup to C5 which is something i havent been able to gery recently.

I particularly like that you are viewing your onsets as two groups... "Coordination and Tuning" onsets vs "Resistance & Belting" onsets... that is very efficient and really focus on the right coordinations at the right time. Nice work Elvis... 

At the moment Establishing the resonet track and bridging and connecting with calibrations :) I am still seacrhing what works the best for my voice :)

ps . I dont know which password to use :/