TMV World Team

welcome new members
WELCOME NEW TMV WORLD MEMBERS! - TELL US WHO YOU ARE!

Rate this topic

89 posts in this topic

Welcome New TMV World Members!

Please take a moment to tell us who you are, where you are from and what you hope to get out of your membership here. Also, if you have music to share with us, please feel free to embed your soundclound.com or box.net links in here. Be sure to upload a picture to your profile as well so you have an identity in our community. On behalf of myself, our moderator team and the long term, experienced members of our community, we welcome you!

CLICK HERE >>> TO SEE THE HOME PAGE

CLICK HERE >>> TO REGISTER

welcome-neon-sign.thumb.jpg.f614c0d315c2

I like the new lay-out, here. Though I have been here a while, I will start it off.

My name really is Ron. I live in far north Texas, two towns south of the Red River, Lake Texoma, the Eisenhower Dam.

I was born in California in 1964 and we moved to Texas (my brother, mother, grandmother, step-grandfather, and second step-father) in 1974. Don't worry about the math, my brother and I had our natural father, then three step-fathers.

Anyway, so we always just sang, good or bad. Step-grandfather sang in church, which would involve both hymns and some musicals, like "Fiddler on the Roof." In a Mormon church, no less. So, just before we came to California, I picked up my grandparents' old classical guitar that only had 3 strings left on it and started plucking the arpeggio, mostly by accident, from "Who'll Stop the Rain?" by Creedence Clearwater Revival.

We moved to Texas and my mother gave me an acoustic guitar my father had given to her. All we could afford was a new set of strings and Mel Bay's Book of Chords and "figure it out for yourself." So, I did, though step-grandfather taught me to read sheet music.

1987, I was getting married the first time. Guns and Roses blew up with Appetite for Destruction and while I was not trying to sound like Axl Rose, I admired the range and power of his voice and wanted to do that, for myself. So, in 1988, I found a book at the Dallas Public Library called "How to Sing" by Graham Hewitt and that opened the volume in my upper range. It was then I felt I was more of a singer that played guitar than the other way around.

I have never been paid to sing. Never made sales from a recording. But I have sang in front of any number of people from friends at a party to a club full of people. Basically, anywhere they don't run me off or pay me to NOT sing. Though that would be funny. Ron the singer and means of "enhanced interrogation."

My earliest memory of a singing voice was Glen Campbell and his song, "Wichita Lineman."

But my favorite band is Led Zeppelin and Robert Plant is one of my favorite singers.

Great song... its great to have you here Ron, even though your kinda sensitive... :wacko: ;)

Great song... its great to have you here Ron

​I hear myself sing and can't help but think I was imprinted by his sound on this song. I was an infant or toddler, propped up on the couch. My mother was doing housework and the (tube) radio was on and this song was on and I was transfixed. It is one of my earliest memories.

Hi Robert, My first time on this page. I hope to get some feedback on my work from the members here.  I will be posting from time to time. Thanks for founding this forum. I believe it is helping a lot of aspiring singers and performers and that it will help me.  I do have some feedback on your songs.  You have a wonderful voice with great dynamic and emotional range and I like your songs.  I would like them more if your voice was more on top of the  rhythm track. Its kind of hidden in there.  Also, you could lessen the instrumentation on some of the quieter passages.  Not a know it all, but this is what would make your songs better for me.  With that said, I am still just a fledgling producer, recorder and mixer and haven't yet gotten my stuff together on this.  Thanks, Hats

Welcome Hats,

It is great to have you here!

My songs? You mean, these songs? LOL...

Coincidentally, I just got the final masters delivered to me today...

I really appreciate your feedback, especially if it comes with some qualifications, given your production experience. 

I have had a few other people say the same thing, that they wish my vocals were more "hot" in the mix. Something I will continue to consider and thanks for the feedback, Im always open to it.

Glad you are happy with the forum... and feel free to post your links for review.

Also, note, in the coming days/week/s, the "Review My Singing" form will become a "premium" forum, whereby we will ask people to pay for access to the forum. We can no longer support this forum and all the development work, etc... that goes into it and not break even... but don't panic, we're talking about a very reasonable fee, probably something like $5/mth or $25/year.

The one thing that is really cool about this actually is... the "silver lining" actually... this forum system comes with a referral link system built in. Every registered member has a unique, affiliate/referral link. So... if you were to give this link to your friends and they register and choose to get access to the premium forums, we are paying 40% back to to the member that referred... so long story short, pay $25 to help us keep this forum going and refer 3 friends and you paid for your fee and put $5 profit in your pocket. To me this seems very reasonable and fair, I hope you agree...

1 person likes this

Welcome Hats,

It is great to have you here!

My songs? You mean, these songs? LOL...

Coincidentally, I just got the final masters delivered to me today...

I really appreciate your feedback, especially if it comes with some qualifications, given your production experience. 

I have had a few other people say the same thing, that they wish my vocals were more "hot" in the mix. Something I will continue to consider and thanks for the feedback, Im always open to it.

Glad you are happy with the forum... and feel free to post your links for review.

Also, note, in the coming days/week/s, the "Review My Singing" form will become a "premium" forum, whereby we will ask people to pay for access to the forum. We can no longer support this forum and all the development work, etc... that goes into it and not break even... but don't panic, we're talking about a very reasonable fee, probably something like $5/mth or $25/year.

The one thing that is really cool about this actually is... the "silver lining" actually... this forum system comes with a referral link system built in. Every registered member has a unique, affiliate/referral link. So... if you were to give this link to your friends and they register and choose to get access to the premium forums, we are paying 40% back to to the member that referred... so long story short, pay $25 to help us keep this forum going and refer 3 friends and you paid for your fee and put $5 profit in your pocket. To me this seems very reasonable and fair, I hope you agree...

​Maestro Lunte,

I would like to be the first to congratulate you on your new album. I just finished listening to the tracks, and all I can say is your new album is "KICK ASS" !!! I'm looking forward to purchasing your (AUTOGRAPHED) album upon it's official release.....

I realize that this is off the original topic, but having been involved with TMV World from it's very inception, I want to take the opportunity to Thank You for all that you have done for me as my Coach and Mentor !!! I would not be the singer I am today without you and TFPOS !!! I would also like to express a Sincere Thank You for expressing your confidence in me as one of your administrators for so many years ! I'm looking forward to assisting you and the entire membership of TMV World for many years to come !

Respectfully,

Adolph

Thanks Chief... more to come, I'm not stopping there... I like singing like me! Its more fun then singing "like someone else"... 

:moomin:

1 person likes this

Thanks Chief... more to come, I'm not stopping there... I like singing like me! Its more fun then singing "like someone else"... 

:moomin:

​Coach,

You NEVER stop, and I know you NEVER will !!! I've said it many times before : "I honestly don't know when you get any rest !"

As for singing like "yourself", I've never seen you sing "like someone else"..... It's all YOU !!!

I believe that says it all !!! :beerbang:

Hey Guys,

Well first off, my name is Andres, but everyone calls me Ace.  I'm from central California, I'm a music lover and student. I recently graduated with an AA in Vocal Performance, I plan on going to CSUN and auditioning for their music therapy program. My ultimate goal is to become a Clinical Psychologist and contribute my studies toward music and the effects it has on the brain. My journey has led me to this community of individuals and my introduction could not be any better - I got the chance to speak with the one and only Robert J Lunte, I was greatly inspired and see this as an opportunity to jump further into the art of singing. With that being said, I would love to meet everyone of you and look forward to growing into the best singer I can be.

Cheers to those of us who take our passions and grow them generously!

Andres (Ace)

3 people like this

Andres, welcome to our online forum... dig in and have fun here.

Also, be sure to check in with the "TVS & The Four Pillars of Singing" Forum as well where many of my clients talk about TVS training techniques, etc... it could be helpful for you in regards to getting off to a strong start.

http://www.themodernvocalistworld.com/forum/30-tvs-the-four-pillars-of-singing/

Hey All,

My name is Tim and I'm from Los Angeles.  I'm a nutrition coach and fitness trainer but grew up loving music wanting to be a good singer.  I've been a student of Robert's since last August and love the progress we have made since then.  Looking forward to being a part of this forum and learning a lot from everyone!

2 people like this

Hey Tim!

Nice post... but you have been here for a while already!

Yes, our training has been really productive. You took to the techniques quickly and immediately started bridging and singing in your head voice. It is because your practice. Soon, you'll be in Seattle for our training intensive, should be hard core.

:headbang2:

hello everyone . My name is sylvain , i'm from france near lyon (great city if you want to travel france). I 'm 33 yrs old and father of a daughter of 11 (i mentionned because she gives me the strenght to reach my goals in music and i try to iniatiate the love of music in her). In the everyday life , i'm a mechanical enginneer for automotive. But the night comes , i'm a singer in a band too , and also a pianist for my own pleasure.  

I started singing early in my life with my mother at a choir. My mother was a music fan and a painter. I grew with nina simone , classical repertoire , edith piaf , etta james.

few bands i'm fund of : eels , mercury rev , kula shaker , m ward , jamie cullum , led zep

I'm a absolute fan of jeff buckley and i tend to give my voice this sweet , ethereal sound in any song i sing or composed. 

hope i can share with you in this great forum.

Best for all.

P.S : sorry for my bad english sometimes , i'm not a native english speaker.

2 people like this

Bonjour Sylvain!

It is Genial that you are now in our community! 

I am touched by your comments regarding how your daughter motivates you to be your best. As a father, I know the feeling myself. If there is anything I can do to help you with your singing, please let me know.

I have been to France many times; Montpellier, Paris, Toulouse, Fontainebleau, other cities... here is an interview I did on French TV!

WELCOME!

thanks robert.

I've posted 3 covers in review my singing. It will be great to listen to them and give what exercices of 4 pillars will best fit my voice to correct quickly my many flaws. 

Thanks for dedication

Hello, my name is Shane,

I stumbled across this page in an attempt to learn how to sing. I just recently learned that my natural vocal range is from c2 - e3 thanks to a buddy of mine who helped me figure that one out. As of now, I personally think I sound absolutely horrible and attempt to get my voice better by singing along to songs by Josh Turner.

I'm pretty much here to pick up any tips and take advice from anyone who's willing to give me a hand.

Here's to working with this community and I hope one day to be able to give back and help you folks out if I ever get anywhere with my singing voice.

~Cheers, Shane.

Welcome Shane, its great to have you here... will you please upload a pic to your profile.

My name is Myecia (pronounced as if Myesha). I am from South Carolina.I have always been put at ease or excited by music (depends on the song). My favorite musical artist is Owl City. Adam Young (the man behind the name) is wonderful at creating music. By listening to him I have realized the endless possibilities of music and it's influence in my life. So, I would love to become a good singer and one day create my own songs inspired by him. Unfortunately, I have no instrument to play or knowledge to play an instrument. But I hope to have a keyboard purchased and learn to play so that I may have accompaniment when I sing. I have no formal training in music, but I do hope to take a class piano and class voice at some point so I can gain experience.

From my membership here I wish to gain peers who can offer me feedback and help me become better and maybe I can do the same for them.

Here's some of my singing. Hope it's not too bad. I would love some advice on how to get better. I posted this same video on the Review My Singing forum.

My name is James, I am from Manchester in Britain and I am the kind of person who wants to sing desperately but doesn't want to face learning. Mostly because I'm extremely self-conscious about almost everything and I do not want anyone to know that I am trying to learn to sing. I wish I could lock myself away for months on end and only emerge when I have a voice that I'm not ashamed of. In fact, I always use this site in incognito mode just to be safe. 

I am still financially dependent on my parents so I couldn't dream of asking my mum to get me a vocal coach. I'm 16 but only really got into music very recently. My favourite genres include indie folk and alternative rock as well as Russian operaopera/folk songs (don't ask). My favourite artists include Bombay Bicycle Club, Manu Chao, Twin Shadow, Joy Division, Coldplay, Oasis and various others (though mainly the first two on the list). 

I came here for any advice that anyone can give me and hope to get better as quick as I can can.

My name is Myecia (pronounced as if Myesha). I am from South Carolina.I have always been put at ease or excited by music (depends on the song). My favorite musical artist is Owl City. Adam Young (the man behind the name) is wonderful at creating music. By listening to him I have realized the endless possibilities of music and it's influence in my life. So, I would love to become a good singer and one day create my own songs inspired by him. Unfortunately, I have no instrument to play or knowledge to play an instrument. But I hope to have a keyboard purchased and learn to play so that I may have accompaniment when I sing. I have no formal training in music, but I do hope to take a class piano and class voice at some point so I can gain experience.

From my membership here I wish to gain peers who can offer me feedback and help me become better and maybe I can do the same for them.

Here's some of my singing. Hope it's not too bad. I would love some advice on how to get better. I posted this same video on the Review My Singing forum.

Welcome.

I am not a singing expert but you can look at the singing voice as a musical instrument. Think of the lyrics as notes of the melody. Don't speak the song like you would recite a poem. Sing it.

My name is James, I am from Manchester in Britain and I am the kind of person who wants to sing desperately but doesn't want to face learning. Mostly because I'm extremely self-conscious about almost everything and I do not want anyone to know that I am trying to learn to sing. I wish I could lock myself away for months on end and only emerge when I have a voice that I'm not ashamed of. In fact, I always use this site in incognito mode just to be safe. 

I am still financially dependent on my parents so I couldn't dream of asking my mum to get me a vocal coach. I'm 16 but only really got into music very recently. My favourite genres include indie folk and alternative rock as well as Russian operaopera/folk songs (don't ask). My favourite artists include Bombay Bicycle Club, Manu Chao, Twin Shadow, Joy Division, Coldplay, Oasis and various others (though mainly the first two on the list). 

I came here for any advice that anyone can give me and hope to get better as quick as I can can.

It's okay to feel incognito but go ahead and upload a pic for your avatar, even one that is not like you at all, like a bear, for example.

As for your self image, let it go. You won't sing if you hide.

It's okay to feel incognito but go ahead and upload a pic for your avatar, even one that is not like you at all, like a bear, for example.

As for your self image, let it go. You won't sing if you hide 

Everyone is so judgy though. People (by which I mean my parents) would laugh if I said I wanted to learn to sing. They aren't being malicious or anything but it is still embarrassing. I came here hoping to be able to get instruction and feedback in a semi-anonymous setting. I have no problem with talking to strangers about it, I would just prefer not to be too public about it until I have a decent voice.

Well, you're going to have to be public about it before you have the greatest voice. You are not born running or dancing or anything. You have to learn by steps. 

And you are assuming  your parents reactions.

The guy that owns the forum prefers that people have some kind of avatar pic.