Anthony

Anthony's TFPOS Progress Thread

Rate this topic

64 posts in this topic

:-) My confidence in my voice has improved greatly throughout my time at TMVW.

Video Eleven

Very brief video of me sirening right over my bridge. Even though these are meant to be resistance training onsets I hope I'm OK practising them as lightly as I am. It all falls apart as soon as I add any kind of mass.

I didn't forget those head shakes to keep me relaxed and not so "head titly"!

1 person likes this

I like these day-in-the-life snippets. I love the pick-toss in "Welcome to the Jungle." I also liked the "smaller" version of "Smoke on the Water." You were much more in control and your tone was even, no cracking. 

Thanks for taking the time to watch my video diary Ronws! It means a lot that people are following my progress!

(This post was saved in the reply box below from many weeks ago! I mustn't have clicked "reply" :39:  :lol:)

Hi all!

I'm back in my thread to post a big update.

Basically I went to a UK metal festival back in August and loved every minute. However, when I got home I felt very rough (too much partying to excess I fear! :blush:) so my singing training was on hiatus for a while.

Then I got offered my first gig as my newly launched solo acoustic act! Needless to say, I spent most of my time gathering a set together and rehearsing them to death. So really, even though I haven't necessarily "trained" over the last few weeks I've certainly spent a LOT of my time singing full songs, memorising lyrics, trying songs out in different keys, working on diction/lyrical interpretation and attending open mic night performances.

The gig went really well and I have been invited back to play again. :)

I'm starting to get a real buzz out of performing in front of people and feel like I'm learning something new each time I go out to play.

In terms of vocal progress, some of the songs I performed included notes previously way out my comfortable range, namely a lot of F4s and even an F#4 reached with confidence. (Previous range was a struggled D4).

4 people like this

Nice going Anthony! Congrats bro! Now that you have been bitten by the performance bug you have a feedback system that will help your training. Keep on rocking!

2 people like this

Anthony, that is great news!... 

Also, I want you to get inside the new "4Pillars" system... I am shutting down that old vimeo system any day now... 

www.thefourpillarsofsinging.com 

See your inbox for instructions.

It is awesome to hear that you are performing in public. Even as much as I learn about recording, I still feel that live performance is not to be missed and I will sing in front of anyone.

Just today, I sang my christmas song about plumbers for my boss (we are electricians.)

"Do you smell what I smell?

Do you smell what I smell?

A plumber, a plumber

You'd better run for cover 'cause they always smell that way

No matter how many times they bathe a day."

:4:

2 people like this

I'm back!

Many things meant I couldn't really spend much time around these arts but now I plan to get my head back in the game. One of these things is the amount of gigging I've been doing as a solo singer.

I've been singing a lot but I haven't really been "training" my voice. I came back to my progress thread to watch a couple of my videos and it seems I was just on the brink of discovering and maintaining notes at F4 and beyond. I have another gig this Sunday so will be preparing for that but as soon as it's out of the way I will return to my vocal training!

In the meantime here's a montage clip of one of my gigs.

2 people like this

Great job Anthony! Oh, how I miss performing, now that I broke up with my band. You are in a good path, but try not to neglect training or else you won't be able to raise the pitch of the songs back to the original. Cheers!

2 people like this

Awesome, Anthony. Keep on rocking. I thought it was so cool that you do an acoustic cover of "Since You've Been Gone." Graham is underrated as a singer and most people only know him from his time with Rainbow.

Welcome back Anthony!  Sounds good... See your inbox.

I am new here. So I know this post is last year, but wanted to know...Are you still with us Anthony? I would love to see more of this.

Michael.

1 person likes this

Yes, good question Michael... I would like to know as well... Hello, Anthony... are you in here?